What are the top autumn attractions?
- Discover the best 10 London attractions: Buy The London Pass, the Go City London Explorer Pass and the Big City Saver so see multiple attractions on one trip.
- Tick off London's top sights with the Total London Experience: Make the most of your day out in the capital.
- Soar above the river Thames with the IFS Cloud Cable Car: Take in sweeping views of the city on London's only cable car.
- Hop on an open-top bus tour: Be mesmerised by golden-coloured streets of autumnal London.
- Brave the London Dungeon: Enjoy this immersive experience at one of London's most terrifying historical sights.
- Enjoy "lates" events in London's museums and galleries: Explore the London Transport Museum after dark and enjoy talks and live music events at the National Gallery.
- Take a tour of historic Tower of London: Learn all about the famous fortress, royal palace and infamous prison.
- Head up one of London's most iconic landmarks at The View from The Shard: Enjoy unrivalled views of the city from above.
- Or take a leisurely turn on the London Eye: Take a ride on the world's largest observation wheel.
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty at Kensington Palace: Explore the palace that once housed Queen Victoria and is now home to the Prince and Princess of Wales. See a different side of the Royal Family at the special Life Through the Royal Lens exhibition. Until 30 Oct
- Visit the City to discover centuries-old relics: Head to London's Roman Amphitheatre, hidden within the Guildhall Art Gallery, and
- Go on a fascinating tour of Shakespeare's Globe: Learn all about the open-air playhouse.
- Hop on an open-top bus tour: Be mesmerised by golden-painted streets of autumnal London.
- Gaze at the marvellous interior of St Paul's Cathedral: Before delving into the fascinating history of this iconic landmark.
What's on in London theatre during autumn 2022?
- Be mesmerised by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular songs and stunning effects in the magical story about the witches from The Wizard of Oz.
- Enjoy the whimsical My Neighbour Totoro at the Barbican Theatre: See the beloved Studio Ghibli film brought to life on stage.
- Experience the intensity of Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution at London County Hall: Accused of murder, Leonard Vole tries to convince the jury of his innocence.
- Witness the trials of romance and revolution at Tosca at the London Coliseum: Follow this operatic story of lust, love and murder in the city of Rome. From 30 Sep
- See the award-winning The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre: Meet the mysterious masked figure haunting a Paris opera house.
- Take on time travel at Back to the Future the Musical at the Adelphi Theatre: Join Doc Brown and Marty McFly as they work to save their own existence.
- Be terrified by The Woman in Black at Fortune Theatre: Watch the West End's scariest production if you dare!
- Hear the heart-warming tale of Stick Man at Leicester Square Theatre: Join Stick Man as he makes the epic quest to his home tree in time for Christmas. Opens 22 Oct
- Get into the festive spirit at ELF The Musical at Dominion Theatre: Follow the story of Buddy the Elf as he causes merry mayhem across New York. From 14 Nov
- See RuPaul's Drag Race UK Series Three tour at the London Palladium: Be dazzled by glitz and glamour as RuPaul comes to town. 7-8 Oct
What are the top London autumn events?
- Head down to London’s famous river for the Totally Thames festival: Enjoy a whole month of exciting exhibitions, walks, talks and more. 1-30 Sep
- Discover the hottest designers during London Fashion Week: Watch as top creatives, shows and lovers of trendy threads are brought together. 15-20 Sep
- Celebrate Black History Month across London: Discover a lineup of activities and events for all the family. 1-31 Oct
- Discover the best new films during the BFI London Film Festival: Take your pick from more than 10 days of cinema screenings. 5-16 Oct
- See pieces from rising talent on the catwalk during Africa Fashion Week: Admire the very best of African and African-inspired design. 7-8 Oct
- Tuck into turkey and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving: Soak up Canadian and American culture at restaurants and pubs across the city. On and around 10 Oct and 24 Nov
- Get into the spirit as London Cocktail Week returns: Make the most of a special month-long edition this autumn. 13-23 Oct
- Remember, remember the fifth of November… If you’d somehow forgotten, here’s a reminder: London Bonfire Night fireworks displays mix pyrotechnics, seasonal food and family fun. On and around 5 Nov
- Watch The Lord Mayor's Show: Enjoy the much-loved historic parade that mixing pageantry with a party atmosphere in the heart of London. 12 Nov
- Find all things motoring at the Regent Street Motor Show: Watch as iconic cars from the past, present and future take centre stage in Regent Street. TBC
Find more world-class London events in autumn months.
What are the best free autumn events in London?
- Celebrate the extraordinary creative work of disabled artists at the Southbank Centre's Unlimited Festival: A five-day event spanning performance, music, art and more. 7-11 Sep
- Get free access to cool venues during Open House London: Go behind the doors of buildings usually closed to the public. 8-21 Sep
- Experience Korea across London at K-Music Festival this autumn: See the world beyond K-Pop, from from, jazz and twists on ancient art forms. 5 Oct-24 Nov
- Mark the festival of lights with Diwali activities: Also enjoy special restaurant menus across the city. 9 Oct
- Enjoy a season of London Unseen: Heritage Tours and Trails: Free experiences that celebrate London's diversity and tell the city's unknown stories. Until 22 Oct
- Wear a poppy on Remembrance Day: Take time to recognise those who gave their lives in two world wars and more recently. 11-13 Nov
Find more free events in London.
How to make memories with the kids this autumn
- Have a blast at the Kidzania: Discover this epic interactive indoor city run by kids.
- Get an adrenaline rush with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit: Whizz down the tallest and longest tunnel slide in the world.
- Walk among the stars at Madame Tussauds London: Snap a photo with your favourite celebrities and enjoy the exciting Marvel Universe 4D experience.
- Take on an incredible immersive experience: From challenging your family to a game of Monopoly Lifesized to meeting your favourite characters at Shrek's Adventure! London.
- Be a junior zoo keeper at ZSL London Zoo: Feed and make friends with animals as you take care of them for the day.
- Marvel at magical views from the Treetop Walkway at Kew Gardens: Stroll along the treetop canopy and be dazzled by a spectrum of the world's brightest colours this autumn.
- Spend a day exploring some of London's top free museums: Enjoy the best of London's culture with the little ones.
- Treat the kids to a trip on the Peppa Pig Afternoon Tea Bus Tour: Spot famous London landmarks while tucking into delicious treats.
Which autumn activities can culture vultures enjoy?
- Take a guided walking tour of the city: Discover hidden corners on a Secret London Walking Tour or seek out the filming locations of the wizarding world.
- Use the Mid-autumn Festival as the perfect excuse to have your fill of Asian delicacies in Chinatown: Try Golden Gate Cake Shop for mooncakes, the traditional treat at this time of year. 10-12 Sep
- Delve into Chelsea's fascinating past during the Chelsea History Festival: Enjoy interesting talks, tours and events. 17-25 Sep
- Celebrate Rosh Hashanah: Mark the start of the Jewish New Year with activities across the city. 25-27 Sep
- View the Illuminated River in a new light: Artist Leo Villareal's light show dazzles the bridges of the Thames.
Search for London events by day.
What are the best exhibitions in London this autumn?
- Go behind the scenes at the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition. Delve into never-before-seen images of the famous film series, fun activities and a bit of magic!
- Come face-to-face with the world's most fearsome of creatures at Jurassic World: The Exhibition: Take on this immersive dinosaur experience that brings the famous films to life. Until 3 Nov
Learn about Life in a cup: coffee culture in an Islamic world at the British Museum: Discover the fascinating history and traditions of Islamic coffee rituals. Until 18 Sep
- Compare famous artworks at Picasso Ingres: Face to Face at the National Gallery. See Picasso's Woman with a Book alongside the painting that inspired it. Until 9 Oct
- Marvel at Cornelia Parker's iconic installations at Tate Britain: See how the British artist transforms domestic objects into striking large-scale artworks. Until 16 Oct
- Immerse yourself in Milton Avery's paintings at the Royal Academy of Arts: Admire the artwork that defined the American artist as one of the greatest 20th-century colourists. Until 16 Oct
- See The Credit Suisse Exhibition Lucien Freud: New Perspectives at the National Gallery: Explore the first major exhibition of the artist's work in 10 years. 1 Oct-22 Jan
Find more exhibitions in London.
Where can I find tune-tastic things to do in autumn?
- Enjoy eclectic sounds at Regent’s Park Music Festival: Grab a picnic, sit back and discover local bands, choirs and jazz bands. Sundays until 18 Sep
- Spend A Night at the Opera at St James's Piccadilly: Be mesmerised by sensational operatic performances including works by Puccini, Mozart, Madame Butterfly, and much more. 9 Sep
- Experience Vivaldi Concertos and Gloria by Candlelight: See London Concertante and vocal duo Fair Oriana perform Baroque masterpieces. 15 Sep
- May the force be with you at Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Watch the star-studded film with a live soundtrack from the London Symphony Orchestra. 23-25 Sep
- Listen to opera star Andrea Bocelli at The O2. Hearclassical songs from one of the world's much-loved tenors. 30 Sep-1 Oct
- Don't miss ABBA Voyage at the ABBA Arena,
- Get your jazz hands ready for the EFG London Jazz Festival: See spectacular performances and events across London. 11-20 Nov
Find more music events in London.
How can I find spooky Halloween experiences in London?
- Follow in the footsteps of the world's most famous wizard at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London– The Making of Harry Potter: This Halloween, explore the mysterious world of dark magic where loyal followers of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will be prowling around the exhibit. 26 Sep-6 Nov. For a unique experience, sign up for a bewitching evening at 'Hogwarts after Dark' 5-7 Oct.
- Follow Jack the Ripper’s trail of terror on a Jack the Ripper Ghost Tour: Learn all there is to know about one of London's most notorious cold-blooded killers.
- Learn about the spooky history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours: Take in some of the city’s key sights as you uncover the city's haunted history.
- Hear scary stories on a Horrible Histories Terrible Thames tour: Be terrified by the history of London's most famous river. Until 30 Oct
- Visit some of London’s scariest attractions this Halloween: From tales of torture at the Tower of London, ghosts hunting at Hampton Court Palace and eerie taxidermy at the Grant Museum of Zoology.
What are the top places to explore in autumn?
- See London from the water during a river cruise: Spot some of London's most famous sights as you glide along the Thames.
- Combine royal treasures, fascinating history and beautiful architecture on a tour of Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath: Learn all about the mysterious monoliths and the famous Roman Baths.
- Or tick off multiple iconic sights in one day on a Leeds, Canterbury and Dover bus tour and Greenwich river boat tour: A fantastic way to explore many great sights.
- Shuffle your way through fallen autumn leaves in London’s best parks and gardens: They are swathed in oranges and yellows at this time of year.
- Enjoy a warming drink at one of London’s cosy pubs: Curl up in front of a roaring fire as the nights draw in.
- It’s Black Friday on 25 November, so rush out to the city’s top shopping destinations and department stores: Find plenty of bargains and autumn fashion deals.
Find more of the best autumn spots in London.
Where to go for autumn food and drink
- Go potty for plant-based food at the best vegan restaurants in London: Join in as November celebrates World Vegan Month.
- Make the most of the city's dining scene during the London Restaurant Festival: Learn how to make international dishes, go on a restaurant-hopping tour and enjoy special menus. 1-31 Oct
- Admire London's attractions from the water on a memorable dinner cruise: Savour delicious food as you take in the illuminated London skyline.
- Don your lederhosen for Oktoberfest celebrations: Join the festivities at various locations in London, including Camden Oktoberfest. 1-22 Oct
- Celebrate National Curry Week (4-9 October) at a top south Asian eatery: Choose from venues including Michelin-starred Amaya, Trishna and Veeraswamy.
- Have a serious fill at London's restaurants in celebration of World Food Day: Try the capital's best eating out options, from quirky eateries to luxury dinners. 16 Oct
- Enjoy Sunday roasts, fish and chips or afternoon tea: Autumn is the traditional harvest time, so tuck into hearty food (you’ll need that extra fuel for winter…).
Find more food and drink inspiration.
What's on for sports fans?
- Experience American football fever in London: Wembley Stadium and Tottenham Stadium host the annual NFL London Games. 2-30 Oct
- See The Original Harlem Globetrotters at Wembley Arena: Watch the world-famous basketball troop shoot some hoops. 9 and 17 Oct
- Test your fitness in the Royal Parks Half Marathon: Run past Hyde Park, Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens. 9 Oct
- Watch Roger Federer's Laver Cup at The O2: See the six best tennis players in Europe take on six from the rest of the world. 23-25 Sep
- Try out the world's first immersive cricketing experience at the Sixes Social Cricket: A combination of batting and delicious BBQ for all ages.
Find more sport in London.
The countdown to Christmas in London
- Celebrate a magical festive season with Hogwarts in the Snow: Wizarding wonders are given a festive twist this winter, with plenty of fun activities and features.
- Be wowed by Christmas at Kew: See stunning light displays and immersive art.
- Don't miss the feel-good festive fun at Winter Wonderland: Don't miss its return to Hyde Park for 2022!
- See the city sparkle with a Christmas lights bus tour: Be dazzled by a glittering display of festive lights and famous landmarks.
- Check out the market and shows under the spiegeltent.
- Get your skating fix early: London’s winter ice rinks start popping up across the city from November.
- Start your Christmas shopping spree under sparkling Christmas lights, as they switch on in November: Bond Street, Carnaby, Covent Garden, Jermyn Street, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Seven Dials, South Molton Street all usually have stunning displays. Join a Christmas lights bus tour to see London lit up from November.
- Head over to Christmas by the River: London Bridge’s riverside is turned into a seasonal wonderland with market stalls, food and drink. TBC
- Step into the Enchanted Woodland at Syon Park: Stroll through the historic gardens illuminated with festive lights. TBC
- Follow the winter light trail at Winterfest in Wembley Park: Enjoy a multi-sensory experience of sound, light and London's tallest LED Christmas tree. TBC
Plan ahead with more Christmas in London ideas.