What are the top autumn attractions?
- Discover the best 10 London attractions: Buy The London Pass, the London Explorer Pass and the Merlin London Attractions Pass so see multiple attractions on one trip.
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty at Kensington Palace: Explore the palace that once housed Queen Victoria and is now home to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Soar above the river Thames with the Emirates Air Line cable car: Take in sweeping views of the city on London's only cable car.
- Take a tour of historic Windsor Castle: Immerse yourself in 900 years of history as you explore the magnificent royal palace.
- Visit the City to discover centuries-old relics: Head to London's Roman Amphitheatre, hidden within the Guildhall Art Gallery, and
- Go on a fascinating tour of Shakespeare's Globe: Learn all about the open-air playhouse.
- Hop on an open-top bus tour: Be mesmerised by golden-painted streets of autumnal London.
- Gaze at the marvellous interior of St Paul's Cathedral: Before delving into the fascinating history of this iconic landmark.
- Enjoy "lates" events in London's museums and galleries: Explore the London Transport Museum after dark.
What's on in London theatre during autumn 2022?
- Be mesmerised by Wicked at the Apollo Victoria: Enjoy spectacular songs and stunning effects in the magical story about the witches from The Wizard of Oz.
- Dress up and dance at Grease The Musical at the Dominion Theatre: Sing along with Sandy and Danny as the feel-good story of summer romance bursts into the West End. Until 29 Oct
- Laugh out loud at The Play That Goes Wrong at Duchess Theatre: Experience mischief and mayhem at this hilarious murder-mystery.
- Be terrified by The Woman in Black at Fortune Theatre. Watch the West End's scariest production if you dare!
- Enjoy a humorous adaptation of Roald Dahl's Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre. See the much-loved children's story brought to life on stage.
- the inspiring story of legendary singer Tina Turner, featuring many of her best-loved songs.
- See RuPaul's Drag Race UK Series Three tour at the London Palladium: Be dazzled by glitz and glamour as RuPaul comes to town. 7-8 Oct
What are the top London autumn events?
- Head down to London’s famous river for the Totally Thames festival: Enjoy a whole month of exciting exhibitions, walks, talks and more. 1-30 Sep
- Discover the hottest designers during London Fashion Week: Watch as top creatives, shows and lovers of trendy threads are brought together.
- Tuck into turkey and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving: Soak up Canadian and American culture at restaurants and pubs across the city. On and around 10 Oct and 24 Nov
- Remember, remember the fifth of November… If you’d somehow forgotten, here’s a reminder: London Bonfire Night fireworks displays mix pyrotechnics, seasonal food and family fun. On and around 5 Nov
- Get into the spirit as London Cocktail Week returns: Make the most of a special month-long edition this autumn. 1-31 Oct
- Celebrate all things motoring at the Regent Street Motor Show: Watch as iconic cars from the past, present and future take centre stage in Regent Street.
- Watch The Lord Mayor's Show: Celebrate as the much-loved historic parade returns, mixing pageantry with a party atmosphere in the heart of London.
- Celebrate Black History Month across London: Discover a lineup of activities and events for all the family. 1-31 Oct
- Discover the best new films during the BFI London Film Festival: Take your pick from more than 10 days of cinema screenings.
- Admire the very best of African and African-inspired design: See pieces from rising talent on the catwalk during Africa Fashion Week.
Find more world-class London events in autumn months.
What are the best free autumn events in London?
- Get free access to cool venues during Open House London: Go behind the doors of buildings usually closed to the public. 8-21 Sep
- Wear a poppy on Remembrance Day: Take time to recognise those who gave their lives in two world wars and more recently. 11-13 Nov
- Mark the festival of lights with Diwali activities: Also enjoy special restaurant menus across the city. 23 Oct
- Watch West End LIVE in Trafalgar Square: Enjoy and extravaganza of free performances from top West End musicals and shows.
Find more free events in London.
How to make memories with the kids this autumn
- Marvel at magical views from the Treetop Walkway at Kew Gardens: Stroll along the treetop canopy and be dazzled by a spectrum of the world's brightest colours this autumn.
- Spend a whole week in London with the kids during October half-term: Enjoy activities and new adventures across London. 15-30 Oct
- Get an adrenaline rush with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit: Whizz down the tallest and longest tunnel slide in the world.
- Go on a fun treetop adventure at Go Ape at Alexandra Palace. Take on treetop challenges whilst enjoying panoramic views of London.
- Turn to these rainy day activities if there’s a downpour: Guns N’ Roses sang about November rain for a reason…
- Follow an interactive trail of statues with Scenes in the Square: Head to Leicester Square and meet big-screen stars.
- Treat the kids to a trip on the Peppa Pig Afternoon Tea Bus Tour: Spot famous London landmarks while tucking into delicious treats.
- Discover top London attractions for kids and family restaurants: Plan an action-packed family day out in the city.
- Spend a day exploring some of London's top free museums: Enjoy the best of London's culture with the little ones.
- Embark on a journey through maritime history at the National Maritime Museum: Take the kids on an adventure to remember!
- Be a junior zoo keeper at ZSL London Zoo: Feed and make friends with animals as you take care of them for the day.
- Get active at Gravity Wandsworth: Test your skills at digital darts, electric go karting, shuffleboard and much more at this multi-attraction venue.
Which autumn activities can culture vultures enjoy?
- Walk around the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace: Immerse yourself in history as you explore the London residence of the Queen. 2 Oct
- Celebrate Rosh Hashanah: Mark the start of the Jewish New Year with activities across the city. 25-27 Sep
- Delve into Chelsea's fascinating past during the Chelsea History Festival: Enjoy interesting talks, tours and events.
- Use the Mid-autumn Festival as the perfect excuse to have your fill of Asian delicacies in Chinatown: Try Golden Gate Cake Shop for mooncakes, the traditional treat at this time of year. 10-12 Sep
- View the Illuminated River in a new light: Artist Leo Villareal's light show dazzles the bridges of the Thames.
- Enjoy the Southbank Centre's programme of autumn events: See talks, performances and exhibitions, and take part in fun workshops.
Search for London events by day.
How can I find unmissable autumn experiences?
- Treat yourself or someone special to a relaxing spa day: Or opt for luxury gifts and experiences as autumn in London draws in.
- Have fun at one of these activity bars: Get a hole-in-one like never before at urban golf venues or test your sporting skills with fantastic company.
- Travel back in time on a London Underground tour: Learn about the 150 year history and secrets of the iconic Tube.
- Take a cinematic journey into space at Professor Brian Cox's Horizons tour at The O2. Join the TV scientist for a state-of-the-art space odyssey. 28 Sep
What are the best exhibitions in London this autumn?
- Go behind the scenes at the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition. Delve into never-before-seen images of the famous film series, fun activities and a bit of magic!
- Marvel at Cornelia Parker's iconic installations at Tate Britain: See how the British artist transforms domestic objects into striking large-scale artworks. Until 16 Oct
Learn about Life in a cup: coffee culture in an Islamic world at the British Museum: Discover the fascinating history and traditions of Islamic coffee rituals. Until 18 Sep
- Explore the radical artworks of Walter Sickert at Tate Britain: See a retrospective of one of British art's central figures during the late 19th century. Until 18 Sep
- Compare famous artworks at Picasso Ingres: Face to Face at the National Gallery. See Picasso's Woman with a Book alongside the painting that inspired it. Until 9 Oct
- Immerse yourself in Milton Avery's paintings at the Royal Academy of Arts: Admire the artwork that defined the American artist as one of the greatest 20th-century colourists. Until 16 Oct
- Admire impressionist artwork at The EY Exhibition: at Tate Modern: Discover the artistic endeavours of the French painter who broke the art rule book. 6 Oct-12 Mar
- See The Credit Suisse Exhibition Lucien Freud: New Perspectives at the National Gallery: Explore the first major exhibition of the artist's work in 10 years. 1 Oct-22 Jan
- Frieze London. Gaze at incredible artworks from world-class artists: Enjoy the stunning backdrop of Regent's Park at
Find more exhibitions in London.
Where can I find tune-tastic things to do in autumn?
Enjoy the soulful sounds at Regent’s Park Music Festival: Grab a picnic, sit back and discover local bands, choirs and jazz bands.
- Get your jazz hands ready for the EFG London Jazz Festival: Enjoy spectacular performances and events across London. 11-20 Nov
- Don't miss ABBA Voyage at the ABBA Arena,
- Listen to opera star Andrea Bocelli at The O2. Hear classical songs from one of the world's much-loved tenors. 30 Sep-1 Oct
- May the force be with you at Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Watch the star-studded film with a live soundtrack from the London Symphony Orchestra. 23-25 Sep
Find more music events in London.
How can I find spooky Halloween experiences in London?
- Follow in the footsteps of the world's most famous wizard at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London– The Making of Harry Potter: Go in autumn, when the attraction is transformed for Halloween.
- Visit some of London’s scariest attractions this Halloween: From tales of torture at the Tower of London, to bone-chilling experiences at the London Dungeon, ghosts at Hampton Court Palace or eerie taxidermy at the Grant Museum of Zoology.
- Follow Jack the Ripper’s trail of terror on a Jack the Ripper Ghost Tour: Learn all there is to know about one of London's most notorious cold-blooded killers.
- Learn about the spooky history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours: Take in some of the city’s key sights as you uncover the city's haunted history.
- Hear scary stories on a Horrible Histories Terrible Thames tour: Be terrified by the history of London's most famous river. Until 31 Dec
What are the top places to explore in autumn?
- Shuffle your way through fallen autumn leaves in London’s best parks and gardens: They are swathed in oranges and yellows at this time of year.
- Or, enjoy some autumn sightseeing on a guided tour: From bus tours, to walking tours, to Thames river cruises, to bike tours, explore the city differently!
- Enjoy a warming drink at one of London’s cosy pubs: Curl up in front of a roaring fire as the nights draw in.
- See London from the water during a river cruise: Spot some of London's most famous sights as you glide along the Thames.
- London’s neighbourhoods look beautiful at this time of the year: Head out and explore autumn outside Zone 1.
- It’s Black Friday on 25 November, so rush out to the city’s top shopping destinations and department stores: Find plenty of bargains and autumn fashion deals.
Find more of the best autumn spots in London.
Where to go for autumn food and drink
- Go potty for plant-based food at the best vegan restaurants in London: Join in as November celebrates World Vegan Month.
- Make the most of the city's dining scene during the London Restaurant Festival: Learn how to make international dishes, go on a restaurant-hopping tour and enjoy special menus.
- Don your lederhosen for Oktoberfest celebrations: Join the festivities at various locations in London, including Camden Oktoberfest.
- Journey to Neverland with the magical Peter Pan Afternoon Tea at Aqua Shard: Featuring sweet treats, freshly baked scones and sky-high views.
- Celebrate National Curry Week (4-9 October) at a top south Asian eatery: Choose from venues including Michelin-starred Amaya, Trishna and Veeraswamy.
- Have a serious fill at London's restaurants in celebration of World Food Day: Try the capital's best eating out options, from quirky eateries to luxury dinners. 16 Oct
- Enjoy Sunday roasts, fish and chips or afternoon tea: Autumn is the traditional harvest time, so tuck into hearty food (you’ll need that extra fuel for winter…).
Find more food and drink inspiration.
What's on for sports fans?
- Experience American football fever in London: Wembley Stadium and Tottenham Stadium host the annual NFL London Games.
- Test your fitness in the Royal Parks Half Marathon: Run past Hyde Park, Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens. 09 Oct
- Watch Roger Federer's Laver Cup at The O2: See the six best tennis players in Europe take on six from the rest of the world. 23-25 Sep
- See The Original Harlem Globetrotters at Wembley Arena: Watch the world-famous basketball troop shoot some hoops. 9 Oct
Find more sport in London.
The countdown to Christmas in London
- Celebrate a magical festive season with Hogwarts in the Snow: Wizarding wonders are given a festive twist this winter, with plenty of fun activities and features.
- Be wowed by Christmas at Kew: See stunning light displays and immersive art.
- Don't miss the feel-good festive fun at Winter Wonderland: Don't miss its return to Hyde Park for 2022!
- Get your skating fix early: London’s winter ice rinks start popping up across the city from November.
- Soak up the start of the festive season with Christmas in Leicester Square: Check out the market and shows under the spiegeltent.
- Enjoy Winter at the Southbank Centre: Explore its famous winter market, bars and wintry experiences.
- Head over to Christmas by the River: London Bridge’s riverside is turned into a seasonal wonderland with market stalls, food and drink.
- Start your Christmas shopping spree under sparkling Christmas lights, as they switch on in November: Bond Street, Carnaby, Covent Garden, Jermyn Street, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Seven Dials, South Molton Street all usually have stunning displays. Join a Christmas lights bus tour to see London lit up from November.
- Step into the Enchanted Woodland at Syon Park: Stroll through the historic gardens illuminated with festive lights.
- Follow the winter light trail at Winterfest in Wembley Park: Enjoy a multi-sensory experience of sound, light and London's tallest LED Christmas tree.
- See the city sparkle with a Christmas lights bus tour: Be dazzled by a glittering display of festive lights and famous landmarks.
Plan ahead with more Christmas in London ideas.