Take an enchanting journey into a glittering wonderland with at the .
The popular after-dark Christmas event hosts a trail through the famous botanic gardens, lit up with lights and spectacular projections.
Get together with family or friends to follow the illuminated path around the gardens and be treated to immersive installations and spectacular displays.
Highlights of Christmas at Kew 2022
With 2022 marking 10 years since the spectacular event began, it's the perfect time to see seasonal favourites alongside many new mesmerising light installations.
Here’s what you can expect to see this year...
- Marvel at the spectacular light, music and water display in front of the iconic Palm House.
- Snap a selfie under the Christmas Cathedral with its thousands of sparkling fairy lights.
- Take in the fragrant scents of the Fire Garden full of mesmerising flames that dance in the wind.
- Watch as streams of light flow through water and into the abyss at the geometric installation on the lake, Illusion Hole by UxU Studio.
- Experience a sense of tranquillity as you wander past Feathers by Pyrite Creative, a display of 16 UV feathers that float in the breeze as if appearing from nowhere.
- Be transported to a futuristic field of luminous poppies at the ethereal ‘Floraison’ installation, where intricate flowers cling to the towering branches from above.
- Spot the whimsical Willow Hives that elegantly illuminate the surrounding canopy.
- Indulge in delicious Christmas treats and winter warmers of hot chocolate or mulled wine during the trail, or book ahead for a Christmas dinner at The Botanical restaurant.
Oh, and don’t forget to say hello to Father Christmas along the way!
How long does it take to walk around Christmas at Kew?
You should allow approximately 75 minutes to walk the trail, which is 2.6km (1.6m) long.
How to get Christmas at Kew tickets
Tickets for Christmas at Kew 2022 are on sale! Book your Christmas at Kew tickets online now – Christmas at Kew is very popular and usually sells out quickly, so make sure you book in advance.
Discover more things to do at Christmas in London.
Prices and opening times
|Child Ticket (4-15 years of age)||£14.00 to £18.00 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 adults and 2 children)||£65.00 to £82.00 per ticket|
|Adult Ticket||£21.50 to £28.00 per ticket|
Children under four years of age enter for free.
4.20pm to 10pm.
Entry is timed at 20-minute intervals from 4.20pm. Last entry 8pm (7pm on 24 December).
Entrance to Christmas at Kew is via Victoria Gate or Brentford Gate, depending on your ticket.