Enjoy a packed programme of free and ticketed events and activities, as Southbank Centre transforms the south bank of the Thames into a festive wonderland for its annual Winter festival.
Starting from the buildup to Christmas and continuing until after New Year, the riverside area glows with Christmas lights, picture-pretty decorations and a huge festive tree, as a Christmas market, festive shows and family entertainment combine for a whole season of fun.
Southbank Centre Christmas market
- Tuck into festive snacks and steaming drinks, from mulled wine and hot chocolate, to German sausages, mince pies and spiced cider.
- Indulge in seasonal cocktails and comfort food at the utterly cosy, alpine-style Bar Under the Bridge, or grab some hearty grub from Mac & Cheese Truck and Applebee’s Fish.
- Book a private igloo at Jimmy’s Lodge, a warming retreat serving seasonal drinks and comforting dishes.
- Explore the Winter Market for more delicious treats, global street food and hot drinks next to the Thames.
Free family events at Winter festival
- Treat the kids to a party filled with traditional music and performances at the free, family-friendly Caribbean Christmas with Just Vibez.
- Admire immersive art as Squidsoup and London is Love take over Royal Festival Hall and Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- Cuddle up with the kids and a hot spiced drink at the Winter Pop-up Cinema hosted under the The Circus Bar’s tent, as you watch family classics such as Toy Story, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Frozen.
More festive activities at the Winter festival
- Get into the festive spirit with a Christmas concert as Philharmonia Orchestra, The Bach Choir and Trinity Boys Choir perform a bunch of Christmas classics.
- See a mesmerising show as Circus 1903 brings world-class circus to the South Bank.
- Follow the story of Black Beauty, the brave horse, in a captivating blend of music, puppetry and storytelling.
- Celebrate the season with laughter as cabaret trio Fascinating Aïda premiere their new show.
- Sing along to carols and festive tunes at Christmas with Alan Titchmarsh, Organoke: The Alternative Carol Service and Jonathan Cohen’s Christmas Carol Singalong.
- Enjoy a unique, festive variety show celebrating the LGBT+ community at The Legends and Legacies Yuletide Special.
- See in 2020 in style at the New Year's Eve Spectacular, packed with themed music, DJs, live acts, dance lessons and more.
Venue Details & Map
Belvedere RoadLondonSE1 8XX
- 0844 847 9910
- Public transport:
- Underground and Rail Stations: Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross or Waterloo East Buses stop on Waterloo Bridge, York Road, Belvedere Road and Stamford Street.