Enjoy a packed programme of free and ticketed events and activities, as Southbank Centre transforms the south bank of the Thames into a festive wonderland for its annual Winter festival.
Starting from the build up to Christmas and continuing until after New Year, the riverside area glows with Christmas lights, picture-pretty decorations and a huge festive tree, as a Christmas market, festive shows and family entertainment combine for a whole season of fun.
See below for some of the highlights of Christmas 2019. Check back nearer the time for confirmed information on activities to be enjoyed at Winter at Southbank 2020.
Southbank Centre Christmas market
Discover seasonal treats at the Winter at Southbank Christmas market in 2019 below. Stay tuned for details of tasty bites and warming drinks for the 2020 festival.
- Find festive snacks and steaming drinks every year, from mulled wine and hot chocolate, to German sausages, mince pies and spiced cider.
- In 2019, you could indulge in seasonal cocktails and comfort food at the utterly cosy, alpine-style Bar Under the Bridge, or grab some hearty grub from Mac & Cheese Truck and Applebee’s Fish.
- Jimmy’s Lodge returned, with its private igloos serving seasonal drinks and comforting dishes.
- The Winter Market again featured more delicious treats, global street food and hot drinks next to the Thames.
Free family events at Winter festival
Enjoy plenty of family shows and festive activities at the festival each year. Some of the highlights of the 2019 festival included...
- A free party filled with traditional music and performances during Caribbean Christmas with Just Vibez.
- Immersive art as Squidsoup and London is Love took over Royal Festival Hall and Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- The Winter Pop-up Cinema under The Circus Bar’s tent screened family classics, from Toy Story and The Lion King, to Beauty and the Beast and Frozen.
More festive activities at the Winter festival
Check back later in the year for more fun activities as part of Winter 2020. Here's a taster of what was on in 2019...
- Christmas classics spanned the festival as the Philharmonia Orchestra, The Bach Choir and Trinity Boys Choir took to the stage.
- Mesmerising show Circus 1903 brought world-class circus to the South Bank.
- You could follow the story of Black Beauty, the brave horse, in a much captivating blend of music, puppetry and storytelling.
- Cabaret trio Fascinating Aïda premiered their new show.
- There were plenty of carols and festive tunes on offer with Alan Titchmarsh, Organoke: The Alternative Carol Service and Jonathan Cohen’s Christmas Carol Singalong.
- Unique, festive variety shows celebrated the LGBT+ community, with The Legends and Legacies Yuletide Special.
- 2020 was welcomed in style at the New Year's Eve Spectacular, packed with themed music, DJs, live acts, dance lessons and more.
Venue Details & Map
Belvedere RoadLondonSE1 8XX
- 0844 847 9910
- Public transport:
- Underground and Rail Stations: Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross or Waterloo East Buses stop on Waterloo Bridge, York Road, Belvedere Road and Stamford Street.