Cheer on your favourite national team as the European Championships return to London.
See some of the world’s top football talent at iconic Wembley Stadium, which hosts seven UEFA EURO 2020 games, including both semi-finals and the final.
Where is EURO 2020 held?
The UEFA EURO 2020 tournament is the first of its kind to host group stage matches across 12 cities in Europe. The tournament begins on 12 June at Stadio Olimpico in Rome, and reaches a climax a month later at Wembley Stadium on 12 July.
As well as the final (12 July) and both semi-finals (7 July and 8 July), London hosts three group matches on 14, 19 and 23 June, plus one last-16 game on 27 June.
The UEFA EURO 2020 host cities are: Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome and St Petersburg.
When are EURO 2020 tickets on sale?
EURO 2020 qualifying fixtures take place from March 2019, so the final tournament schedule has not been decided. However, you can apply for tickets through the ballot system which is now open and closes on 12 July 2019.
Are there hospitality packages available?
You can experience the games in style and get a guaranteed ticket by choosing from a range of official hospitality packages. Experiences include fine-dining packages or your own private suite with premium seats. Enquire about the official hospitality packages.
Are there any volunteering opportunities?
There are opportunities to be a part of EURO 2020 by becoming a London squad volunteer. Find out more and register your interest here.
How to travel to EURO 2020 in London
There are three stations within close proximity to Wembley Stadium. Wembley Stadium station is the closest, which is served by Chiltern Railways. If you are travelling by Tube, Wembley Park station is only a 15-minute walk away from the stadium and is on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines.
Alternatively, you can travel to Wembley Central station on the Bakerloo, London Overground, London Midland and Southern lines. It’s a 20-minute walk to reach Wembley Stadium. Various bus routes also operate close to the stadium.
Accommodation in London
From boutique hotels to self-catering accommodation, take your pick from a lineup of great places to stay in London during EURO 2020.
Things to do in London during EURO 2020
There’s so much happening in London over summer! Take advantage of some of the city’s top attractions, sunshine-packed events and gorgeous parks in-between EURO 2020 games.
Fun things to do in London
- Head to Brent, London’s 2020 Borough of Culture, for a packed programme of summer events.
- Soak up the ultimate summer vibes at a music festival in London.
- Chill in a London park, go for a dip at an open-air lido or find more things to do outdoors in London. The capital is the world’s first National Park City after all!
- Whizz down the UK’s tallest sculpture with The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Enjoy balmy summer evenings at a rooftop bar or take your pick from 101 night-time activities – you can travel around the city on the Night Tube at weekends.
- Travelling as a family? Keep the little ones entertained with these family-friendly attractions, or find plenty of thrilling activities for teenagers.
Things to do in London for free
- Watch the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony which takes place outside Buckingham Palace.
- Wander around of one London’s top museums – many offer free entry to permanent collections.
- Discover some of the most historic (and Insta-worthy!) spots in London.
- Go and explore some of London’s loveliest areas, from Greenwich and the City of London to Camden Town.
- See how many of these 101 free things to do in London you can tick off during your trip.
Eating out in London
- Dine on international dishes from London’s street food trucks and markets.
- Fill your Instagram feed with snaps of one of London’s quirky restaurants.
- Tuck into classic British dishes or sip on a pint under summer skies at a London pub.
- No trip is complete without sampling an afternoon tea in London – opt for traditional options in grand surroundings at The Ritz or the Savoy.