Make the school summer holidays memorable by enjoying interactive exhibitions, children’s theatre shows and kid-friendly museums.
There are lots of brilliant things to do in London during the kids’ school summer holidays. Whether you’ve got little ones or teenagers to keep entertained, we’ve rounded up summer holiday activities for all ages to enjoy.
Summer holiday events in London
- Step inside the magical world of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, featuring special events during school holidays.
- Visit the Queen’s London home, as Buckingham Palace opens its doors for the summer months.
- Roam around Kew Gardens at sunset, where you'll discover illuminated glass sculptures as part of Chihuly Nights.
- Make the most of traffic-free Regent Street with family activities, food and shopping offers during Summer Streets.
- Saddle up and take to traffic-free London streets with mass participation bike rides during Prudential RideLondon.
- See a parade of young performers in colourful costumes dance and swirl through the streets on Notting Hill Carnival’s Children's Day.
- Find budget-friendly family summer activities with our guide to free things to do in London with kids.
Things to do with teenagers
- Watch performances by world-class musicians and rising stars at a summer music festival in London.
- Scare yourself silly on the Drop Dead: Drop Ride at The London Dungeon.
- Take a hair-raising ride down the world's longest tunnel slide with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Explore Churchill’s office at wartime underground bunker Churchill War Rooms.
For more school holiday ideas, take a look at our roundup of 101 things to do in London with teens.
Summer school holiday activities for young children
- Meet meerkats and enjoy outdoor activities at Lee Valley Park Farms.
- Explore the UK's largest living coral reef and discover hundreds of aquatic creatures at SEA LIFE London.
- Look for mythical beasts and discover a secret grotto in the Magic Garden at Hampton Court Palace.
- Become a pirate for the day on a huge wooden pirate ship at the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground.
- Watch the little ones become chefs, astronauts or firefighters at KidZania.
Family shows in London
- Journey into the woods with The Gruffalo at the Lyric Theatre.
- Relive a West End favourite with the revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at The London Palladium.
- See a family show at the Underbelly Festival in South Bank.
- Get a free child ticket to popular theatre shows, with a full-price adult ticket, during Kids Week this summer school holiday.
- Soak up the atmosphere at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre with Evita.
Keep the little ones entertained during the school summer holidays in London with more family-friendly theatre shows.
Family-friendly hotels and restaurants in London
- Find children’s menus and fun activities at these kid-friendly restaurants.
- With great access to top London attractions, discover where to stay in London with kids.
- Enjoy the luxury of your own private space in a self-catering apartment.
- Find cots and babysitting services at these top London family hotels.