Spot some of your favourite film stars and characters across Leicester Square as you follow the interactive Scenes in the Square bronze statue trail.
The Scenes in the Square trail celebrates Britain’s love for films and encompasses iconic characters from the past century to the heart of London’s home of film.
Take a selfie with the one and only Bugs Bunny, before stumbling upon more stars including Laurel and Hardy, Mary Poppins, Mr. Bean and the adorable Paddington. Not forgetting Batman hiding on the rooftop and Wonder Woman emerging from a wall! What’s more? The statues come to life in the evening with lights – and the trail incorporates music.
Follow the Scenes in the Square trail:
- Go back to the 1920s with Laurel and Hardy and watch them walk a rooftop inspired by the Liberty film.
- Congratulate Bugs Bunny on his 80th birthday as he grazes a flower bed.
- Somebody’s dancing on a lamppost... It’s Gene Kelly re-enacting Singing in The Rain!
- Watch Mary Poppins gracefully landing on Leicester Square with her umbrella.
- Spot Batman watching over the square from up high.
- Share a bench with Mr. Bean at Leicester Square gardens...
- …or pop over to say hi to Paddington on another bench (bring marmalade!)
- Complete the trail by snapping a shot with Wonder Woman as she emerges from a wall.
- Keep an eye out for Harry Potter whizzing on his Nimbus 2000, a stone's throw away from where Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone premiered in 2001.
Map your way around the statue trail with the Visit London app.
Get the full experience on an immersive audio tour
Pop in your earphones and let nostalgia ring in your ears as Alex Zane takes you on the Scenes in The Square audio walking tour – full of movie clips, interviews with film stars and fun facts from each character's big screen hits.
Hold up your phone to the black disc on each statue and access the audio tour with a touch of a button from podcast platforms, including Spotify, as you stroll along the trail at your own pace.