Content contains affiliate links – marked with asterisks. If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission which is put back into our work promoting London.
Treat your mum to her favourite activity in the city on Mother’s Day or get her to try something completely new.
In the UK, Mother's Day is celebrated three weeks before Easter Sunday, which means that in 2022, it falls on 27 March.
Browse Mother’s Day ideas for London below to find top things to do with your mum on Mother’s Day 2022.
For the perfect Mother’s Day in London, you can treat mum to afternoon teas and walks in the park, alongside shopping, bowling, cooking classes and even perhaps a speedboat ride.
Mother’s Day London days out
- Share the magic of a top London musical with your mum: Enjoy shows from old-time favourites to exciting new productions (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Take mum to London's top 10 attractions: Make memories to last a lifetime at the capital's most popular attractions.
- Or treat mum to a Merlin London attractions pass: Get entry to five fabulous attractions within a 90 day period.
- Experience epic views of London in an Emirates Air Line cable car: Admire the spectacular London skyline as you glide above the Thames.
- Or take a ride on the London Eye: See how many of London’s most famous landmarks mum can spot.
- Visit the stunning Queen’s House during a day out in Greenwich: Enjoy art, architecture and royal history at the Queen's House.
- Explore the Victoria and Albert Museum: Admire an exquisite and fascinating collection of art and design.
- Look down on the city’s famous landmarks from a sky-high attraction: Enjoy panoramic views of London from breathtaking view points.
- Visit Kenwood House and enjoy the views from Hampstead Heath: Explore the area before stopping for a drink in a cute cafe or pub in Hampstead.
- See the first spring blossoms in a beautiful garden: Discover London’s most peaceful and picturesque spots.
Shopping for Mother’s Day gifts in London
Mother's Day dining and foodie treats
- Book onto a dinner cruise or lunch cruise to share with mum: There are options to suit all budgets.
- Plan Mother’s Day lunch or dinner in advance, as it’s a popular date for dining out: Choose from a huge variety of London restaurants that offer special Mother’s Day menus.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with a delicious brunch in London: Treat mum to an indulgent brunch in an iconic London restaurant.
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Sky Garden: Soak up views of the city from a scenic location.
- Choose from lunch, brunch or afternoon tea with bubbly on a Mother's Day river cruise with City Cruises: Set sail for a day out to remember.
- Splash out for dinner at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants: Raise a glass as you enjoy dinner in world-class venue run by a famous chef.
- Sip on cocktails or champagne at a top London bar: Seek special Mother's Day concoctions created for the day.
- Bring the whole family together for a delicious Sunday roast in London: Tuck into a tasty roast as you make a Mother's Day toast.
Mother’s Day afternoon tea in London
- Tuck into a traditional afternoon tea in London, or try an unusual afternoon tea on Mother's Day: Feast on dainty sandwiches and colourful cakes.
- Relive your childhood with the Peter Rabbit Afternoon Tea at The Terrace at The Dilly: Delight in a treasure-trove of treats as you reminisce with mum.
- Check out these cheap afternoon tea options for those on a budget: It doesn't matter how much you spend, mum will still appreciate your gift.
- Fans of bubbly can treat mum to an indulgent champagne afternoon tea: Splash out and sip on champagne in stunning surroundings.
Mother's Day shopping and pampering in London
- Treat mum to a relaxing spa day in London: Book in some well-deserved pampering at a luxury spa.
- Take mum to stylish Covent Garden: Enjoy a day of shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Browse the boutiques of Notting Hill and its famous Portobello Market: Indulge in some Mother's Day retail therapy.
- Treat mum to a shopping spree on Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street: Discover a wealth of high street and designer fashion, beauty and homeware finds.
- Buy your mum a beautiful bunch of flowers at Columbia Road Flower Market: Pick your bouquet from bucketfuls of beautiful flowers.
- Or discover another one of London's Sunday markets: Browse for bargains in the capital's colourful street markets.
- Book a Mother’s Day stay at a five-star London hotel: Live the high life with a weekend in one of London's most luxurious hotels.
Mother's Day activities in London for some quality time together
- Treat mum to an unforgettable helicopter tour of London: Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience with spectacular views of London.
- Whizz under Tower Bridge and see the sights on a river tour: Take to the Thames for an exhilarating Mother's Day boat ride.
- Swing into mum's good books with urban golf or enjoy other top activity bars: Mix cocktails with friendly competition on a fun day out.
- See if you've inherited mum's baking skills at Bread Ahead's baking workshops: Create all your favourite foodie treats at Wembley or Borough Market.
- Book a private dance lesson at Pineapple Dance Studios: Keep mum on her toes at London's largest dance studio.
- Bond over a floristy workshop at Petersham Nurseries Covent Garden: Get creative in one of London's prettiest venues. 26 Mar