Embrace the Christmas spirit as Winter Wonderland returns to London's Hyde Park.
This free-to-enter family event is one of the best things to do in London at Christmas. Featuring a huge selection of festive entertainment and activities, from ice skating and circus shows to a Christmas market and live music, there's enough fun things to do to fill a whole day and evening.
Take a look at what's happening at Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland 2020 and check the top tips to make the most of your visit to Winter Wonderland in London this Christmas.
Top activities at Winter Wonderland Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland 2020 activities are not yet confirmed but usually include the chance to:
- Skate to live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK's largest outdoor rink.
- Watch world-class skaters in the heartwarming shows on ice.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at a circus show.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and see the twinkling London lights below.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different rollercoasters at the fairground.
- Get the Father-Christmas-style belly laughs going at the Winter Wonderland Comedy Club.
- Create your very own ice sculpture at the Ice Sculpting workshops.
Winter Wonderland's Christmas markets
- Browse the traditional German Christmas Market, one of the largest London Christmas markets, with more than 200 charming chalets overflowing with festive goods.
- Explore the 150 chalets of the Angels Christmas Market and shop for unusual and unique gifts, arts and crafts, trinkets, jewellery and decorations.
Winter Wonderland family adventures
Winter Wonderland family activities usually include:
- Enjoying carousel and helter-skelter rides at the traditional fairground with young kids or giving older children adrenaline-fuelled rides on the Winter Wonderland rollercoasters.
- Being enchanted by daytime shows, which included Zippos Christmas Circus, Paddington on Ice and Mr Men and Little Miss – The Show in 2019.
- Stepping into Winter Wonderland Santa’s Grotto in Santa Land, where the little ones can meet Father Christmas and get a small free gift (if they’ve been good of course!) There’s also a host of fun rides for smaller children, including a 45m-long (148ft) Ice Slide!
Food and drink at Winter Wonderland
- Head to Winter Wonderland’s many restaurants, bars and food stalls for tasty food, mulled wine or warming hot chocolate.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where the bar, tables and even glasses are made of ice. Booking tickets ahead is essential.
- Warm up at the Fire Pit bar with its crackling fires and uplifting live music.
- Book an alpine cabin with karaoke machine at Bar Hütte, its friendly hosts will bring you Christmas cocktails and food.
Winter Wonderland tickets
Winter Wonderland is free to enter, but some activities require a paid-for ticket. Paid-for attractions usually include:
- Ice skating
- Giant Observation Wheel
- Ice-skating shows
- Magical Ice Kingdom
- Circus shows
- Bar Ice
- Ice-sculpting workshops
- Bar Hütte
- Winter Wonderland Comedy Club
- Fairground rides
Winter Wonderland opening times
London's Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.
Please check back closer to the time for confirmed activities for Winter Wonderland 2020.
For more festive things to do in London, take a look at our guide to Christmas in London.
More Christmas in London inspiration
Video by @mossonyi (Instagram)
Prices and Opening Times
Admission to Winter Wonderland is free. Charges apply for rides, ice skating, big top shows, the observation wheel and other attractions.
This content has been supplied by Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland is open daily except Christmas Day.