Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and munching on foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our Father’s Day 2021 ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
- Challenge your dad to climb the famous arena with Up at The O2.
- Zoom down the longest tunnel slide in the world with The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Tackle the rapids on an inflatable raft at Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- Go animal spotting at ZSL London Zoo or WWT London Wetland Centre.
- Send him snorkelling with sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful Kew Gardens.
- Prep a basket of dad’s favourite nosh and lounge away at a London picnic spot.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful London parks.
- Or get on a bike and weave through the many cycling routes of the city.
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a pub with a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Find out how beer is made on a Fuller's Griffin Brewery Tour and enjoy a few tasters along the way.
- Soak up panoramic views of London at a rooftop bar or 30m (100ft) up in air, at London in the Sky at The O2.
- Sit down for a traditional meal in a cosy gastro pub.
- Tick off some of the top 101 pubs in London.
- Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London with Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Start your Father’s Day celebrations at one of London’s top sports bars.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Treat dad to a laughter-filled comedy show in London's West End.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
Find the perfect Father’s Day present in London:
- Browse one of London's department stores for ideas: from watches, tech gadgets and more in Selfridges, to games and gardening gear at John Lewis Oxford Street, or distinctive clothing at Liberty and Harrods.
- Hunt down gifts in London's top shopping spots. Visit Carnaby's cool boutiques for iconic British designers, St James's – home to Fortnum & Mason department store – for classy clothing, or Covent Garden for some pampering.
- You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for Father's Day events in London, taking place both over the Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.