- Father's Day 2019 is celebrated on 16 June.
- You'll find lots of things to do in London this Father's Day; treat dad to a tasty meal, catch some live sports, see a London theatre show or discover more top Father's Day ideas.
Plan a day to remember this Father’s Day in London. From cultural attractions and top theatre, to getting active outdoors and foodie delights, there are so many ways to treat your dad in London this Father's Day.
Take a look at our 2019 Father’s Day ideas below for top things to do with dad in London.
Check back closer to the time for more London Father's Day 2019 activities.
Father's Day activities for active dads
Where to eat and drink on Father's Day in London
- Buy your dad a pint at a riverside pub or a beer garden on a sunny day.
- Find out how beer or gin is made on a London brewery or distillery tour and enjoy a few tasters along the way.
- Soak up panoramic views of London at a rooftop bar.
- Sit down for a traditional meal in a cosy gastro pub.
- Tick off some of the top 101 pubs in London.
Father's Day events in London
- Take part in a cooking masterclass over Father’s Day weekend in London with Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- Sample the signature dishes of London's hottest restaurants at Taste of London in Regent's Park. Jun TBC
- Pack a picnic and spend the day singing along to tunes from top musicals with West End LIVE. Jun TBC
Things to do with sports fans on Father's Day
- Visit a fascinating sports museum.
- Book a stadium tour of one of London’s iconic sports venues.
- Start your Father’s Day celebrations at one of London’s top sports bars.
- Soak up the excitement at a live sporting event in London.
- Watch live sports, or challenge him to a game of pool at Rileys, which is London's biggest sports bar.
Father's Day ideas for curious dads
- Learn more about military history at the imposing HMS Belfast.
- Test his logic with an escape game or trail.
- Explore the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and check out its line-up of special exhibitions.
- Visit one of London's many art galleries or major museums.
- Take your trainspotting dad to the London Transport Museum.
Father's Day shows in London
- Book tickets to one of London's top shows and musicals, including Book of Mormon, Bat Out of Hell or Thriller – Live (not all productions have Sunday shows, so check timings in advance).
- Treat dad to a laughter-filled comedy show in London's West End.
- Head to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a play or tour.
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts in London
Find the perfect Father’s Day present in London: choose from one of the largest selections of wines and spirits in the country at Selfridges, pick up a stylish present from the men's department of Liberty or find quirky gifts in one of Carnaby's cool boutiques. You can also book tickets online for London’s top stand-up comedy, theatre shows, music concerts and sports events.
For more ideas on what to do in London this Father’s Day, take a look at our London calendar of events and guide to what’s on in London for events taking place on Father’s Day weekend and during the whole of June.