Whether you want to upgrade your kitchen skills, learn how to make fancy tipples or tap into your creative side with a pottery class or a painting lesson, treat yourself or your loved ones to one of these exciting London masterclasses.
They make for the perfect gift at any time of year!
Best cocktail masterclasses
- Book a fancy cocktail masterclass at Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen*: Enjoy a welcome drink and tasty snacks, then step behind the bar for a memorable one-on-one cocktail-making session.
- Celebrate all things rum on a fun rum masterclass at The Spiced Dry Rum Club*: Taste various rums and learn about their history, before taking control of an alembic pot still to redistill and flavour your own bottle to take home.
- Enjoy an immersive cocktail masterclass at Rubens at the Palace*: Master mixology and create unique recipes in the setting of the New York Bar, with its unmistakable red décor. Enjoy a chilled glass of champagne with a selection of gourmet canapés and leave with a great deal of knowledge and a taste for cocktails of all kinds.
- Create gin cocktails from scratch and become a gin expert with a gin cocktail masterclass at The Athenaeum*: Learn about the history of gin cocktails, create three of your own and indulge in exquisite canapes.
Best cooking masterclasses
- Create delicious sushi under the wing of a top London sushi chef with a sushi and sake masterclass at Buddha-Bar*: Be guided through preparing your own nigiri and maki, then taste various sakes while learning about the rich history of the famous Japanese tipple from a top sommelier.
- Book a spot for a fresh pasta masterclass at Giancarlo Caldesi’s La Cucina Caldesi*: Master the techniques of pasta making, from rolling and cutting tagliatelle to stuffing ravioli, and recreate your favourite Italian sauces, including Genovese pesto, tomato sauce and classic carbonara.
- Would you rather be a spectator than get your hands on the stove? Join this unique tour and participate in a tasting session at the famous H. Forman & Sons Smokehouse*: Begin your tour by learning about the production process of Scotland's famous smoked salmon, then take a seat in the tasting room. While learning about the fascinating history of the smokehouse, you'll watch a carving demonstration by Guinness World Record holder Darren Matson and visit the gallery.
- Treat yourself to a dim sum-making masterclass at Ann’s Smart School of Cookery*: Cook a range of mouthwatering dim sum, including chicken and prawn dumplings, vegetarian gyoza and beef tataki with wasabi mash, during this two-hour London cooking masterclass.
- Love a good pie? Get stuck into an exciting day of pie-making with an all manner of pies masterclass at Cookery School*: Uncover the secrets of pastry-making and learn how to bake your own sweet and savoury pies, from moreish Cornish pasties to the perfect apple pie.
Best dessert and chocolate-making classes
- Learn how to make delicious macaroons with a macaroon masterclass at Ann’s Smart School of Cookery*: Don an apron and use local ingredients to craft these mouthwatering French delicacies in various classic flavours.
- Make your own batch of exquisite chocolates with a luxury chocolate-making workshop in Hoxton*: Be shown how to create an indulgent chocolate martini and gooey chocolate fudge, decorate vanilla cream truffles and sample chocolates from around the world.
- Bake incredible gluten-free cakes on a gluten-free baking class at Cookery School*: From sponge cake filled with lemon curd and cream to hazelnut and carrot cake topped with chocolate ganache, become a gluten-free star baker and take home those precious recipes.
- Sculpt your own chocolate creations during a fantastic truffle-making workshop in Brixton*: Learn a range of techniques, from preparing truffle fillings and tempering chocolate, to shaping and dipping truffles in a range of colours. Then take home and savour everything you’ve made!
- Learn how to make delectable treats and perfect tea with an ultimate afternoon tea masterclass at Cookery School*: Master the art of hosting the perfect British afternoon tea by baking your own treats, from sweet and savoury scones to homemade jam and lemon curd tartlets, using sustainably sourced ingredients.
Best arts and crafts masterclasses
- Make the most of a BYOB pottery experience with a studio tour and painting session at Token Studio*: Discover the wonderful world of pottery-making. Find out how ceramics are made in a kiln, learn a range of hand-building techniques and get creative during a fun painting session.
- Experiment with an ancient art craft during a print workshop at Booker Print House*: Explore the process of inking woodblocks and printing on different types of handmade paper using traditional Japanese printing techniques, with this original London masterclass.
- Relax and reconnect with your creativity with a painting lesson at Georgie Mason Art*: Receive guidance and get back in touch with your artistic side by using a variety of paints, dry materials and textiles to create your own paintings.
- Learn to sew with three taster two-hour sewing lessons at Thread the Needle Workshop*: Get crafty, pick up tips and tricks from an experienced tutor and master the art of sewing using a domestic sewing machine, during a fun series of workshops.
- Feeling adventurous? Book a life-drawing experience at Neon Naked Life Drawing*: Enjoy a 90-minute life-drawing class with a unique take on the popular art form – reactive body paints combined with industrial UV light to neon-tastic effect!
Best activity and adventure masterclasses
- Shake things up with a luxury dance lesson at Karen Hardy Studios*: Learn from the best and practise your ballroom dancing skills with experienced, world-class tutors at Strictly Come Dancing champion Karen Hardy’s dance studio.
- More into Latin dance moves? Meet and learn from an expert dance teacher during an intensive salsa dancing workshop*: Enjoy a full-day course to learn the art of salsa from none other than the founder of the Salsa Rapido technique, Alastair Sadler.
- Become a pro archer with an archery masterclass at Target Sports World*: Get to grips with the basic principles of archery, learn how to use a compound bow and fire arrows like a pro with help from an expert instructor.
- Follow in the footsteps of Olympians by visiting the venue where the kayaking events were held during London 2012. Join a kayaking session for two at the Lee Valley White Water Centre*: After a session with an expert on how to navigate the rapids, you'll be ready to hop on your hotdog kayak and ride the rapids, taking on daring drops and winding turns.
- Get the adrenaline pumping with an exciting quad bike safari in Middlesex*: Get trained by a seasoned quad instructor and ride a specially designed off-road trail on this exciting and challenging quad-biking adventure. See if you can take on demanding hill climbs and tricky descents.