Find the best bargain shops to buy new clothes; take to the sky for a thrill-seeking ride; or book tickets to the next big event. Always carry your ID because you never know what discount prices and great savings you can enjoy as a teenager. And make sure you download the best London apps.
Classics and must-dos in London
- Get lost among the many floors at Topshop’s Oxford Street flagship store.
- Take a selfie at one of London's top 10 photo spots.
- Explore the capital’s dark history and Escape the Great Fire of London at The London Dungeon.
- See how the other half lives with a mooch around Harrods.
- Head to the West End to see the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus and hang out in Leicester Square.
Been there, done that? Visit more London attractions
- Catch a show at the open-air Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
- Exhibit your work at the Tate Modern using the digital drawing bar on Level 3.
- Watch a real-life court drama unfold at The Old Bailey (age 14+ only).
- Learn how to make your own fashion and jewellery at The V&A Create! Young People’s events.
- Take to the skies with the Red Arrows in the Fly 360° interactive 3D flight simulators at the Science Museum.
Uncover free things to do in London
- Venture 150m (164 yards) above London and take in great views at the Sky Garden.
- Explore Richmond Park and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, including the resident deer (all 650 of them!).
- Come face to face with a giant wall of chocolate at M&M’s World.
- Visit one of the free museums in London.
- Wander around buzzing Covent Garden and you may just be ambushed by some free, highly entertaining street theatre.
Adrenaline-fuelled London activities
- Take to London’s famous river, James Bond style, in a speedboat.
- Snorkel with sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Fly down an epic zip-wire in the forest treetops at Go Ape Battersea.
- Strap yourself in and hold on for dear life, it’s rollercoaster time at London’s theme parks.
- Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping ride on The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Hit the shops in London
- Tap into the retro vibe at one of London’s vintage clothing stores.
- Recycle and restyle while donating to a worthy cause in London's charity shops and thrift stores.
- Dress for less at TK Maxx, Primark or any of London’s bargain fashion stores.
- Look out for big discounts, especially during the January sales.
- Find a hidden treasure at the markets of Portobello, Camden, or Old Spitalfields.
Cool London shopping areas
- Find everything under one roof at one of the biggest urban shopping centres in Europe, Westfield Stratford City.
- Explore the modern clothing stores along Carnaby Street in Soho and stop off for something to eat at Kingly Court, while you’re there.
- Get discounts on your favourite high-street brands at London Designer Outlet in Wembley.
- Find all your favourite brands in the grand department store, Selfridges.
- Shop in a pop-up shipping container at East London’s Boxpark.
Things to do in London for sports fans
- Tread in the footsteps of football legends at Wembley Stadium, Chelsea or Arsenal.
- If rugby is more your game, then Twickenham is the only place you’ll want to go.
- Go hydrospeeding along an Olympic course at the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- Take a plunge in the London 2012 Olympic pool at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Take an interactive tour behind the scenes at Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum.
Fun London activities and games
- Get a hole-in-one at Jurassic Falls Adventure Golf.
- Solve your way out of a locked room at Escape Rooms.
- Get a team together and see if you can beat the Crystal Dome after tackling a host of challenges to test your mind and body in the four zones of The Crystal Maze.
- Take flight with the Emirates Aviation Experience.
- Bounce around on more than 100 trampolines at Oxygen Freejumping.
Make and listen to music in London
- Sing like a superstar at Karaoke Box (before 7pm).
- See a cool new band at one of Rough Trade East's in-store gigs.
- Learn how to be a DJ or musician with the Young Creatives at The Roundhouse (aged 14+ only).
- Go to a free gig at House of Vans (and why not have a skate too?).
- Is there anything better than live music?
Catch a show in London
- Many London theatres offer cheap tickets to people aged 26 and under.
- The Unicorn Theatre near Tower Bridge performs shows specifically for a teenage audience.
- The Barbican offers discounted tickets for film, music, art, dance and theatre shows to 14 to 25 year-olds through its Young Barbican membership scheme.
- The National Theatre has a free membership scheme, Entry Pass, offering a limited number of £5 tickets to performances for UK residents aged 16 to 25 years.
Where to eat in London
- Dine with elephants, gorillas and crocodiles at The Rainforest Cafe.
- Have breakfast for dinner at the Cereal Killer Cafe.
- Pizza in the West End? It has to be Fire & Stone.
- Use the interactive ordering system to select your food at Inamo near Covent Garden.
- Tackle the Dead Hippie burger and find junk food bliss at MeatLiquor.
Cool film attractions and sights
- Watch your favourite films with your friends at Backyard Cinema.
- Visit the locations from the Harry Potter films and books with our guide to Harry Potter’s London.
- Catch the latest action blockbuster on the biggest screen in Britain at BFI London IMAX Waterloo.
- Meet your favourite characters from a galaxy far, far away with the Star Wars Experience at Madame Tussauds.
- Step inside the Great Hall at Hogwarts as part of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
- Enjoy the world’s most immersive movie experience at the Science Museum’s IMAX 3D cinema.
- Relive your favourite films and TV shows at the top 10 film locations of London.
Views of London from above
- Travel like a rock star on board a London Helicopter tour (as long as mum and dad are paying!).
- Admire The View from The Shard at the top of one of Europe’s tallest buildings.
- Go on the roof of London’s famous entertainment centre with an Up at The O2 adventure.
- Ride a cable car the London way on the Emirates Air Line (and get a discount when you show your Zip Oyster card).
- See the city from above on the Coca-Cola London Eye, and try the multi-sensory, special effect 4D Experience afterwards.
Thrills and spills on wheels
- Get an adrenaline rush on the Olympic BMX track at Lee Valley VeloPark.
- Show off your slides, grinds and kickflips at the Bay Sixty6 skateboard park.
- Rollerblade safely along London’s major street (with an adult, unless you’re 16 or over) as part of the London Skate.
- Walk along the left-hand pavement of Park Lane from Marble Arch towards Hyde Park Corner, drooling over all the luxury sports cars parked inside the exclusive sales garages along the way (take your camera!).
Find things to do in London during the summer
- Soak up the summer atmosphere with a line-up of special events in Trafalgar Square, or at a London music festival.
- Cool off in one of London’s many outdoor swimming lidos.
- Explore the hidden streets and riding paths with the London Cycle Hire Scheme (only £2 per day).
- On four wheels, two wheels, or on foot, London’s parks and green spaces are always worth discovering.
- See the traditional Changing the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
Discover things to do in London in winter
- Make the most of the festive rides and Christmas markets at the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.
- Skate around the beautiful outdoor ice rink at Somerset House.
- Winter wouldn’t be the same without a trip to Oxford Street to see the Christmas lights.
- Watch one of the world's most spectacular fireworks display on New Year’s Eve.
- If it snows, grab a shiny piece of plastic and go sledging on Parliament Hill.
Take a tour of London
Get freaked out
- Hear historic tales of torture and death at the Tower of London.
- Get up extremely close and personal with a mosquito at the Darwin Centre.
- Trace the gruesome trail of Jack the Ripper.
- Go ghost-hunting in The Haunted Gallery at Hampton Court Palace.
- Explore the history of surgery at the Old Operating Theatre.
- Discover London’s sites of murder, torture and supernatural activity on a Ghost Bus Tour.
Spot celebrities in London
- Go along to the London Fashion Weekend (under-18s must be accompanied by an adult; maximum of two minors per adult).
- Get the low-down on which A-list celebrities with be attending the next big Leicester Square film premiere.
- Eat at the best restaurants in London for star-spotting.
- Learn more about London’s famous faces with The Celebrity Planet’s walking tour.
- See the top stars grace the West End stage.
Top-secret London attractions
- Meet urban rabbits, sheep and pigs at Hackney City Farm.
- Investigate more than 300 animal, plant and geological specimens, including dinosaur fossils and butterflies at the Natural History Museum.
- Peer at jars filled with brains at the Grant Museum of Zoology.
- Have lunch at one of London’s quirkiest restaurants.
- Step back to the Victorian era with a visit to the Sherlock Holmes Museum.
And one key piece of advice...
- Make sure you get yourself a Zip Oyster card in advance, before you arrive.