UK schools enjoy a February half-term holiday this month, so attractions bustle with special family-friendly activities throughout the week.
The weather is usually cold, so wrap up warm for your visit.
Top February events include Valentine's Day, Pancake Day and London Fashion Week.
Make the most of the week-long February half-term holiday and treat the family to a wintry visit to London this February; with attractions hosting special events and family-friendly half-term activities in London left, right and centre, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some quality family time.
London events in February 2020
Unmissable annual February events
- Impress your loved one in London on Valentine's Day. With luxury hotels, award-winning restaurants and Valentine's Day activities, there is no better place to spend a romantic day out or weekend away.
- Step into a botanical paradise with the Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens.
- Keep up to date on the latest fashion trends at London Fashion Week.
- Dive into Pancake Day themed activities and events – then tuck into some of the best pancakes in town.
Family-friendly things to do in London in February
- Find heaps of unforgettable experiences and things to do during February half-term in London.
- Watch the little ones dabble in all things culture at the 12-day-long Imagine Children's Festival at Southbank Centre.
- Snap a selfie with your favourite film stars in sculpture form, including Mary Poppins, Laurel and Hardy, Bugs Bunny and Mr. Bean, at the Scenes in the Square trail. From 27 Feb
- Explore a trail of light, movement and form at the gorgeously captivating grounds of Chiswick House and Gardens during the last weeks of Lightopia Festival.
- Or wear your most flashy threads and rave away at the Magic Lantern Rave.
Quirky events in London this February
- Join the women of Irish literature, music and poetry at Imagine Ireland: Speaking Up, Singing Louder at the Barbican.
- Shop away, stuff your belly and soak in inspiration of all things plant-based at the Plant Powered Expo.
- Gaze at hundreds of two-wheeled machines at MCN London Motorcycle Show or get the blood pumping as you watch the live action at Arenacross 2020.
- Sip on bevvys, shimmy to live tunes and munch on serious grub at Brew LDN.
Action-filled London February events
- Get revved up to see iconic vintage cars at The London Classic Car Show.
- Keep up with your New Year’s resolutions and kick off the month with a February 10K at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Watch the Six Nations Rugby tournament in a London sports bar. Or, try to score tickets to a fixture at Twickenham Stadium.
- Run past some of London's most iconic landmarks while raising money for charity during the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run.
- Pull a team together and attempt to win the Under Armour Turf Games London Winter Festival 2020 – or just sit back and cheer on the competitors.
- Alternatively, choose to take it slow and take in London’s views at the London Winter Wander.
New London shows in February 2020
- Be More Chill and relive your geeky years with Jeremy as you watch this relatable show.
- Take in the stunning acrobatic moves of Cirque du Soleil's Luzia at the Royal Albert Hall, a show themed around 1920s Mexican cinema.
- Enjoy the crème de la crème of romantic shows, with Pretty Woman: The Musical at the Piccadilly Theatre.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.