UK schools have a half-term holiday in February and attractions tend to be busy with extra family-friendly activities for the week.
The weather is usually cold, so wrap up warm for your visit.
Events in February include Valentine's Day, Pancake Day (sometimes in March) and Chinese New Year (sometimes in January).
Many families visit London in February, as UK schools have a half-term holiday for one week of the month. If you're in London during half-term, attractions will be busy and there will be extra family-friendly activities at most venues.
February events in London
Chinese New Year
Join in London’s spectacular Chinese New Year celebrations, the largest outside Asia, which take place around Chinatown and the West End in either January or February. See the colourful parade, watch free performances, get involved with cultural activities and don’t miss the beautiful pyrotechnics display.
Impress your loved one in London on Valentine's Day. With luxury hotels, award-winning restaurants and Valentine's Day activities, there is no better place to spend a romantic day out or weekend away.
Annual February events
- Step into a botanical paradise inspired by Colombia’s plant life with the Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens.
- Join some of the biggest names in video creation at VidCon; see your favourite YouTubers, take part in exciting activities and enjoy expert panel discussions.
- Get up-to-date on the latest fashion trends at the London Fashion Week: Insiders, an industry event open to the public that follows the high-profile London Fashion Week.
- Pancake Day takes place in March this year.
London February sports events
- Run past some of London's most iconic landmarks while raising money for charity during the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.