July is one of the warmest months to visit London.
Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors for summer.
July events include Wimbledon, BBC Proms, BST Hyde Park, RideLondon and the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show.
Pride in London LGBT+ celebrations often fall in July.
July is usually one of the warmest months of the year in London so make the most of the summer weather and head outdoors: visit one of London's parks, enjoy an open-top bus tour, eat alfresco and sip on a drink at a rooftop bar. There are all manner of events throughout the month, so see our pick of what's on in July in London below.
July events in London
Annual London events
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans +) community with the Pride in London festival which takes place in June and July. The festival culminates with the famous Pride in London Parade through central London, and free performances in Trafalgar Square.
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays at RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, the largest annual flower show in the world.
- Experience the world's greatest classical music event, BBC Proms, which kicks off this month for eight weeks of fun and affordable concerts at the magnificent Royal Albert Hall.
- Peer inside the lavishly furnished rooms of Buckingham Palace during the annual summer opening of the Queen's official London residence.
Unmissable July events in London
- Get set for a summer of fun at the Royal Docks during the Join the Docks festival – find silent disco tours, lively celebrations and a bunch of outdoor activities to try out, including water sports!
Outdoor activities in July
- Head to one of London's music festivals in July. Fun-filled options include Lovebox, American Express presents British Summer Time and Somerset House's Summer Series.
- Shop on a traffic-free Regent Street, tuck into foodie treats and enjoy free entertainment during Summer Streets.
- Drop by one of many open-air summer festivals and spend a day out in London at Underbelly Festival or Greenwich+Docklands International Festival.
- Sit back at one of London's iconic squares to enjoy a show of opera and ballet at BP Big Screens in London.
London sports events
- Watch world-class tennis as you tuck into traditional strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships. Advance tickets always sell out, but you can get your hands on same-day tickets if you're prepared to queue.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.