July brings fabulous festivals to the city, and is one of the warmest months of the year in the capital! It's time to head to London's great outdoors: enjoy open-air theatre, see the sights on an open-top bus tour or visit top outdoor attractions.
With the warm weather and relaxing vibes around every corner, there are lots of iconic summer events to experience – check out our top picks below to make this month utterly unforgettable.
Unmissable London events July 2022
- Celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee year at the annual summer opening of Buckingham Palace: Book ahead to explore the elegant State Rooms, Throne Room and more inside the Queen's residence. From 22 Jul
- Make memories during the school summer holidays in London: Enjoy epic attractions, fun family activities, children’s theatre shows and top family experiences this summer.
- Don't miss the opening of Professor Sprout's Greenhouse at Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter: See the Mandrakes and magical creatures come to life!
- Head to ZSL London Zoo after hours: Spend an adults-only summer evening exploring the zoo, where you can enjoy pop-up bars, street food, animal tours and more. Thursdays and Fridays until 22 Jul
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with the Pride in London festival: Watch the famous Pride in London Parade through central London and enjoy free performances in Trafalgar Square. Until 2 Jul
- Watch world-class tennis at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships: If you haven't secured a ticket, follow the action at pop-up screens across the capital. Until 10 Jul
- Marvel at beautiful gardens and floral displays at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival: Immerse yourself in vibrant summer blooms at the largest annual flower show in the world. 4-9 Jul
- Cheer on your favourite team at the UEFA Women's Euro 2022 at London's
- See baseball in full swing at the MLB Home Run Derby X in London's Crystal Palace Park: Watch iconic teams such as the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox compete in this electrifying new baseball format. 9 Jul
- Be thrilled by the 2022 London E Prix at ExCel London and the: See spectacular all-electric racing as The ABB FIA Formula E World Championship comes to London. 30-31 Jul
- Head to Mayfair for Summer in the Square: Enjoy a celebration of wellness, music and entertainment in Grosvenor Square. 21-31 Jul
London theatre in July
- See the award-winning musical Jersey Boys at the Trafalgar Theatre this summer: Follow the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons featuring all their classic feel-good songs.
- Be enchanted by Disney's The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre: Follows Simba's epic adventures in the majestic Serengeti.
- Sing along to Sister Act at the Eventim Apollo: Rejoice as the heavenly musical comedy comes to London's West End. From 19 Jul
- Experience the sensational Anything Goes at the Barbican Theatre: Enjoy catchy songs and spectacular dance routines at this uplifting musical set onboard an ocean liner heading from New York to London.
- Be captivated by The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre: See one of the most romantic love story's brought to life with jaw-dropping scenery and special effects.
- Experience the magic of Wicked at the
- Laugh out loud at The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre: Enjoy the hilarious musical comedy from the creators of South Park.
- Be charmed by at London's
- Bring out your inner dancing queen at Mamma Mia! at the Novello Theatre: Enjoy the summertastic musical full of love, laughter and your favourite ABBA songs.
- Experience a magical adventure in Narnia with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at the Gillian Lynne Theatre: Book your seat for a charming stage adaptation of the much-loved fantasy novel by C.S Lewis. From 18 Jul
- Be dazzled by Disney's Beauty and the Beast the Musical at the London Palladium: Delight in the much-loved family favourite that's full of colourful costumes, elegant sets, and timeless songs.
- Don't miss 101 Dalmatians at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre: Delight in spectacular effects and puppetry as Pongo, Perdi and their adorable Dalmatian pups come to life on stage. From 12 Jul
- Don't miss The Tiger who Came to Tea: Enjoy a delightful family show featuring a tea-guzzling tiger, plenty of magic and sing-a-long songs. From 11 Jul
- Experience the magic of Disney On Stage in Covent Garden: Inspire a lifelong love of theatre by taking the kids to this fun summer pop-up. 8 Jul-4 Sep
What can I do outdoors in July?
- Wander among the flowers at Superbloom at the Tower of London: Step into a sea of vibrant blooms to commemorate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
- Sail by London landmarks on a top river Thames tour: Combine cruising with a top attraction, travel with the Uber Boat by Thames Clippers River Roamer to North Greenwich pier before soaring above London with an Emirates Air Line cable car.
- Reach new heights Up at The O2: Make memories this summer as you climb the famous tented roof of London's top entertainment venue.
- Grab a picnic basket and bask in the sunshine at London's top picnic spots: Spend summer days soaking up a scenic views.
- Search for secret spots and epic vistas at commons and heaths around London: Find picturesque green spaces to relax and unwind.
- Roam some of the city's best parks: Discover the bicycle-friendly Hyde Park, wildlife-rich Richmond Park or pretty St James's Park.
- Work your way through 101 things to do outdoors in London: including the best picture spots, waterside walks and outside hidden gems.
- Swim, sweat and sightsee at these outdoor fitness spots across the capital: Get active in London's great outdoors.
- Grab some friends and head over to London's cool outdoor cinemas: Catch your favourite films at trendy rooftop locations, open-air screenings and retro drive-ins.
London exhibitions in July
- Admire the Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's Coronation exhibition, included with entry to Windsor Castle: Get a chance to see the Coronation Dress and Robe of Estate worn by the Queen in 1953. From 7 Jul
- Discover exciting artworks at the Royal Academy of Art's
- Be fascinated by Football: Designing the Beautiful Game at the Design Museum: Delve into the story of how design has influenced the sport.
- Explore the Summer Lights at Canary Wharf: Enjoy a colourful exhibition of outdoor installations that sparkle in the light on summer days.
- Immerse yourself in Africa Fashion at the Victoria and Albert Museum: Explore the impact of African Fashion as you admire textiles, photographs, visual arts and more. From 2 Jul
- Enjoy The Secret Garden exhibition at the Garden Museum: See how different artists have bought Frances Hodgson Burnett’s much-loved children’s book to life with their illustrations. From 6 Jul
- Discover the dreamlike artworks of Milton Avery at the Royal Academy of Art: See lustrous paintings by one of American's most influential 20th-century colourists. From 15 Jul
- Spend an afternoon at the beach with Sun & Sea at the Albany: Experience the award-winning art installation that explores our relationship with the planet. Until 10 Jul
- Don't miss the Brent Biennial: See an intriguing series of artworks that delve into the meaning of homemaking, at London's only art biennial 8 Jul-11 Sep
What are the best London festivals in July?
- Get your London music festival fix: Take your pick from everything from Lovebox (16 Jul) and BST Hyde Park (Until 10 Jul), to Somerset House's Summer Series (7-17 Jul) and Kew the Music (5-10 Jul) in Kew Gardens.
- Or fill your summer calendar with classical concerts: Don't miss the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall with more than 40 days of concerts to enjoy From 15 Jul
- See international music icons at Higher Ground Festival at Alexandra Palace: Watch headliner Patti Smith take to the stage as this boutique event, featuring DJ sets and workshops. 24 Jul
- Head to London's urban music festival Wireless: See some of the biggest names in rap, hip hop, and R&B at Crystal Palace (1-3 Jul) and Finsbury Park (8-10 Jul).
- For family fun head to Kaleidoscope Festival at Alexandra Palace: Experience panoramic views across London as you enjoy epic gigs, DJ sets, comedy acts and more. 23 Jul
- Be dazzled by the Underbelly Festival: See sensational acts and performers this summer at Earls Court and Cavendish Square.
- Don't miss the Seven Dials Summer Sessions: Head to this vibrant destination in London's West End for entertainment, shopping and more. 30 Jul
What else is on in July?
- Play Monopoly Lifesized in London's West End: family game with epic challenges and immersive gameplay.
- Immerse yourself in The Gunpowder Plot at Tower Vaults: Relive one of history's most daring conspiracy plots as you come face to face with the legendary Guy Fawkes.
- Join in the fun at Redbull Soapbox Race at Alexandra Palace: Build your own racing machine or watch the action from the side lines, either way, expect plenty of laughs. 3 Jul
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see the London Weather page.