What's on in November in London?
- Be captivated by the magic of London at Christmas and see the city's famous streets and iconic landmarks sparkle on the Christmas Lights bus tour.
- Don't miss the spectacular Christmas at Kew and experience the famous gardens lit up with lights and transformed into a glittering wonderland.
- Top November events include Hogwarts in the Snow, Taste of London, The Lord Mayor's Show and EFG London Jazz Festival.
- Explore Winter Wonderland, which returns to Hyde Park with markets, shows, rides, food and family fun.
- See fireworks light up the skies above London on Bonfire Night.
- Festive markets, dazzling lights and ice rinks begin to pop up across the capital marking the countdown to Christmas in London.
There are plenty of things to do in November in London to make the most of the longer nights, or to warm up indoors.
Festive cheer begins to take over the capital from mid-November, as everyone gets ready for Christmas in London.
Annual November events to enjoy in London
Unmissable events and festivals in November
- See some amazing Bonfire Night London fireworks: Watch autumn skies light up on Guy Fawkes Night in November. 1-7 Nov
- Celebrate all things motoring at the Regent Street Motor Show: See iconic cars from the past, present and future, and enjoy plenty of fun family activities. 6 Nov
- Pay your respects on Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday: Take a moment to remember those who fell during the wars during special events and services in London. 11-14 Nov
- See the EFG London Jazz Festival return to London: Enjoy a spectacular programme of live gigs and special performances from global Jazz stars. 12-21 Nov
- Admire a colourful array of carriages and costumes at The Lord Mayor's Show: The 800-year-old inauguration ceremony has evolved into a huge procession of marching bands, floats and dancers. 13 Nov
- Find a host of foodie treats at the four-day Taste of London festival: The event takes over Tobacco Dock with its wintry showcase of top restaurants, pop-ups, producers and cocktails. 18-21 Nov
Theatre shows in London
- Join Mamma Mia! The Party at The O2: Leave the winter blues behind for an evening of feel-good ABBA-themed fun. 1 Oct-3 Apr
- See heart-warming musical Dear Evan Hansen at the Noel Coward Theatre: Enjoy a coming-of-age tale about a teenager trying to fit in. 26 Oct-13 Feb
- Catch one of the first West End performances of Moulin Rouge! The Musical: Be dazzled by an array of sparkling costumes and electrifying performances. From 12 Nov
- If you haven't seen it, don't miss The Book of Mormon at The Prince of Wales Theatre: Laugh out loud at the award-winning comedy musical. From 15 Nov
Christmas events in London in November
- Hop on the Christmas Lights bus tour: Enjoy spectacular festive light displays and see the city sparkle.
- Experience Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: See the world of Harry Potter transformed for winter. 13 Nov-16 Jan
- Step into the magical Enchanted Woodland at Syon Park: Explore the park after dark with a fun-filled experience. 12 Nov-28 Nov
- Discover The Winter Garden and the enchanting Snow Kingdom as Backyard Cinema returns: Thrilling immersive experiences and Christmas film favourites await. 15 Nov-3 Jan
- Explore Kew Gardens at night: Join the magical Christmas at Kew light trail through the iconic gardens. 17 Nov-9 Jan
- Get your skates on at Somerset House (17 Nov-16 Jan) or Queen's House (18 Nov-9 Jan): Pop-up ice rinks bring a wintry feel to the historic attractions.
- Celebrate the festive season at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park: The famous event returns with a huge selection of entertainment and fun things to do. 19 Nov-3 Jan
- See the iconic Crystal Palace lit up at the award-winning Lightopia festival of light: Featuring multi-sensory lights and lanterns. 19 Nov-2 Jan
- Find many more Christmas markets and outdoor ice-skating rinks: Plus seasonal shows and festive things to do in London in November.
Art exhibitions in London
- See the 18th century come to life in Hogarth and Europe at Tate Britain: Featuring classic artworks by Hogarth and European painters of the day. 3 Nov-20 Mar
- Check out The EY Exhibition: The Making of Rodin at Tate Modern: Explore Auguste Rodin's early artworks in plaster that influenced his famous sculptures. Until 21 Nov
- Don't miss The Art of Banksy in Seven Dials: Discover a vibrant display of the world's largest collection of privately owned artworks from the iconic artist. Until 21 Nov
- Study the theatre-inspired works of Turner-prize winning Lubaina Himid at Tate Modern: Highlighting invisible aspects of society and history. From 25 Nov-3 Jul
Enjoy cultural London events
- Join your American friends during Thanksgiving celebrations in London: Attend a festive service and find the best places to devour a traditional meal. 25 Nov
- Surround yourself with bagpipe melodies during St Andrew's Day in London: Rock the tartan and feast on haggis and whisky around the city. 30 Nov
What else is on in November?
- Head to Hyde Park and watch the 125th London to Brighton Veteran Car Run: Classic cars travel from the capital to the coast. 7 Nov
- Enjoy an evening with the stars at the Royal Observatory Greenwich: See into space with an after-hours visit. 19-20 Nov
- Cheer on tennis greats at the Royal Albert Hall: See former World number ones and Grand Slam champions showcase their skills playing Champions Tennis. 25-28 Nov
- Relive epic movie scenes at Southbank Centre: The music of Lord of the Rings and Beyond is brought to life by the Bach Choir and London Concert Orchestra. 26 Nov
You can also find lots of inspiration for this season with this ultimate guide to autumn in London, featuring festivals, immersive experiences and family fun.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see this London weather page.
Sign up to this monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.