- Explore London's food scene with the London Restaurant Festival.
- Some of the top October events include Frieze London, London Cocktail Week, London Oktoberfest and opening of the National History Museum Ice Rink.
- Join in the fun with Halloween celebrations across London.
London becomes a little colder in October as autumn splashes the city’s parks and gardens with a riot of autumnal colours, changing the vivid greens to warm coppers, golds and russet reds.
London food festivals
- Discover top London restaurants and hang out with celebrity chefs during the month-long London Restaurant Festival, full of one-off menus and foodie events.
- Devour classics or new mixes during London Cocktail Week, with events, discounts and tastings across the city.
- Experience Bavarian culture under a tent brimming with oompah bands, sizzling bratwurst and pints of good old German beer at London Oktoberfest.
- …or opt for the veggie option of the same celebration at Vegtoberfest.
- Take the last chance to shop for vegan goodies at Vegan Vibes GMT at Greenwich Market, on the first Friday of October.
Unmissable London events in October
- Meet some of the best music talent at the three-day BBC Music Introducing LIVE at Tobacco Dock.
- View and buy contemporary art or historical gems at Frieze London and Frieze Masters art fairs in Regent's Park, or explore urban art at Moniker International Art Fair.
- Journey through the theme of disruption with talks, readings, poetic performances and more wordy events with the London Literature Festival at the Southbank Centre.
- Dance the night away to beats inspired by films at the BFI London Film Festival, as DJs drop sets on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the month.
- Become immersed in Indian culture through classical music performances, as Darbar Festival fills the Barbican Centre with melody, rhythm and movement.
- Steep yourself in history through the Chelsea History Festival's programme of talks by world-class speakers, historians and performers.
- Join the Hindu community in celebrating Diwali: Festival of Light with Bollywood dance, music and art at the National Maritime Museum. You can also celebrate Diwali on Trafalgar Square in November.
Halloween in London
Celebrate Halloween in London with an array of themed events, from family activities at museums, to spooky London tours and frightening events. Explore eerie ways to celebrate with our picks of the best things to do in London this Halloween.
Fun family events in London
- Dig out your skates and enter the National History Museum Ice Rink to skate under thousands of twinkling lights, as London welcomes the festive season.
- Catch the fast-paced action as Wembley Stadium and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium host the four-match NFL London Games series and check out the top things to do in London for NFL fans.
- Feel the electric atmosphere of the velodrome as the world’s best cyclists whizz towards victory during Six Day London at Lee Valley VeloPark.
- Run through golden leaves in London's famous parks in support of a charity at Royal Parks Half Marathon, or tackle muddy obstacles during Tough Muddler on Clapham Common.
Or discover plenty more seasonal events and activities with our ultimate guide to autumn in London.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.