Built in 1869 to carry tea back from China, Cutty Sark visited nearly every major port in the world and gained fame for its record-breaking passages. Delve into the adventures of this iconic ship and meet the colourful cast of characters on board the ship who tell their story of what life was like on board.
Picture yourself as the ship's captain, take the helm at the ship's wheel and marvel at the towering masts and 11 miles of rigging. Learn about the ambitious conservation project and go inside and underneath an authentic piece of history. Find out about the incredible work that has saved Cutty Sark for future generations.
The Cutty Sark cafe also offers a relaxed afternoon tea which requires pre-booking and is a great way to end your experience underneath the ship which once brought tea to Britain.
Cutty Sark is part of Royal Museums Greenwich which includes the Royal Observatory, National Maritime Museum, and the Queen's House.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, you can expect to find special safety measures in place due to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information, check direct with the venue ahead of your visit.
Prices and opening times
|Child ticket||£7.00 per ticket|
|Adult ticket||£13.50 to £15.00 per ticket|
Pre-book online for best value. Student price also available.
This content has been supplied by Cutty Sark Greenwich
Opening times 10:00-17:00, last admission 16:15. The ship extend its opening hours during holiday season. Always check www.rmg.co.uk before you plan your visit. It is closed 24-26 December.
Images and Videos
Venue Details & Map
Cutty Sark Greenwich
King William Walk, GreenwichLondonSE10 9HT
- +44 (0) 208 312 6608
- Public transport:
- Cutty Sark DLR, Maze Hill and Greenwich Train stations. Riverboat to Greenwich Pier.
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- Lift buttons with raised numbers or letters
- Lift with spoken announcements on arrival at each floor
- Seating for limited mobility users along routes
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Hearing loop system
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Low payment counters
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Offers charity rates
- General Facilities
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available