For more things to do in London, check out our Let's Do London guide. Make sure to share your adventures on social media using the #LetsDoLondon hashtag!
Top cinemas and film screenings
- Discover the best drive-in and outdoor cinemas in London, from rooftop screenings with Insta-worthy views to pop-ups in iconic locations.
- Watch a film in unique and historic surroundings at one of London's best independent cinemas.
- Drop by BFI Southbank for film seasons, new releases and classic movies restored for the big screen.
- Join sing-along sessions, all-night movie marathons and special screenings at The Prince Charles Cinema.
- Be wowed while watching a movie on the largest cinema screen in Britain at the BFI Imax.
- See a film in world-famous Leicester Square, which has played host to hundreds of glitzy movie premieres, at its Cineworld, Odeon Luxe and Vue cinemas.
- Grab a seat in the Regent Street Cinema for screenings of the very best independent and studio films.
- Enjoy a diverse array of films, talks, family screenings and curated seasons with the Barbican's cinema.
- Enjoy iconic films and new releases mixed with gorgeous views at the Rooftop Film Club in Stratford and Peckham.
Fun film experiences
- See some of your most-loved movies come to life in the West End, from The Lion King and Wicked to Mamma Mia! and Pretty Woman.
- Drop by Trafalgar Square to say hello to Paddington Bear, Harry Potter and more stars of the big screen with the Scenes in the Square statue trail.
- Step into the wizarding world of Harry, Ron and Hermione with a magical visit to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.
- Or check out behind-the-scenes snaps from the film series with The Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition at the London Film Museum.
- Join the loveable ogre and friends for an afternoon of family fun at Shrek's Adventure! London.
- Follow in the footsteps of 007 during an action-packed James Bond-themed adventure in the capital.
- Visit the elegant haunts of the glamorous Crawley family on the Downtown Abbey walking tour of London.
- Take a selfie with wax figures of your favourite film stars at Madame Tussauds London.
- Pack your marmalade sandwiches and enjoy a Paddington Bear-inspired day out in London.
- Experience London the 007 way and speed across the river on a James Bond-inspired Thames Rib Experience.
- Put on your comfy shoes and explore your favourite films on foot with a movie-themed walking tour, from James Bond to Sherlock Holmes.
- Join Brit Movie Tours to learn fascinating facts about the places in London that have featured on the big screen over the years.
- Go on the hunt for famous film locations that play a starring role in blockbuster films, such as Notting Hill, Bridget Jones's Diary, Les Misérables and The Da Vinci Code.
- Tour around picturesque Greenwich to visit the area's most iconic film and TV locations, including filming spots from Thor and Cruella.
Food and drink for film fans
- Dine on delicious comfort food while surrounded by Forrest Gump memorabilia at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. near Leicester Square.
- Be transported to a Greek island for a night of fun, food and dancing you'll never forget with Mamma Mia! The Party at The O2.
- Treat yourself to a quirky afternoon tea with a movie twist, from Peter Pan and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Peter Rabbit.
For more fun things to do in London, take a look at our Let's Do London guide.