Fun date ideas
- Take your date to one of London's bowling alleys: They have an old-fashioned charm that makes for a fun and alternative date night.
- Spice up your date with some competition at Swingers: Discover a crazy golf hub boasting nine-hole courses, cocktail bars and street food vendors.
- Show off with a game of ultraviolet table tennis at Bounce: Enjoy a slice of pizza between matches and dance the night away to live DJs.
- Take an exhilarating speedboat ride down the Thames: Get the adrenaline flowing with an exciting London speedboat experience.
- Go horse riding together through Hyde Park: Explore one of London's most iconic parks.
Inspiring date night locations
- Explore Sir John Soane’s Museum by candlelight: Discover a collection of antiquities and exquisite paintings.
- Snuggle up on Electric Cinema’s front row bed: Watch your favourite films while sharing a bag of popcorn.
- Go on a cultural date at one of London’s exciting late museum openings: Grab a glass of chilled bubbles at one of London’s best champagne bars afterwards.
- Bag tickets to a show at the magnificent Royal Opera House: Take your date to see a ballet or a classic romantic opera.
- Book a stay at one of these romantic hotels: Stay a stone's throw from London's magical landmarks.
- Take a stroll along the river on the South Bank: Enjoy magnificent views of the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye as a backdrop.
Date night restaurants
- Dine at the extravagant Gallery at Sketch or splash out at three-Michelin-star Lecture Room and Library: Pick from two great dining spots in the same building.
- Feast on oysters: Try locals' favourite Wright Brothers, or go celeb-hunting at J Sheekey oyster bar.
- Soak up breathtaking views from Sushisamba: Taste refined dishes combining the flavours of Japan, Peru and Brazil.
- Book a table at Bob Bob Ricard: Order bubbles without losing eye contact with your date by pressing a champagne button.
- Treat your date to dinner at Galvin at Windows: Enjoy fantastic food with a view, from the 28th floor of London Hilton on Park Lane.
- Spend a magical evening at Boundary’s heated rooftop orangery: Order from a menu featuring finger food and grill specials.
- Dine in a greenhouse at Petersham Nurseries: You'll be surrounded by luxuriant plants and flowers.
Cheap date ideas
- Have a picnic in one of London’s most beautiful parks: Hampstead Heath, Greenwich Park and Primrose Hill offer some fantastic views of London.
- Browse stunning flower displays at Columbia Road Flower Market: Stroll hand-in-hand and take home some beautiful blooms and gardening essentials.
- Catch some Shakespeare at The Globe: Standing tickets cost just £5.
- Hire a Santander bike: Cycle around London’s most beautiful hidden routes.
- Take your date to one of the capital's independent coffee shops: Sip a flat white as you spend some quality time together.
- Share some mouthwatering street food: Try some of London’s many street food stalls and vans.
- Go on a lunch date at Borough Market: Sample small bites from different vendors.
- Hop onto the Emirates Air Line cable car: Glide above the Thames and enjoy amazing views.
- Visit the free Sky Garden: Be amazed by wonderful views of London’s skyline.
Cool places for a first date in London
- Take a journey back to the Prohibition era at speakeasy cocktail bar Nightjar: Enjoy live swing and jazz music performances.
- Hear some live jazz at the legendary Ronnie Scott's in Soho: Don't miss one of the city's most famous jazz venues.
- See a show at fascinating Wilton’s Music Hall: It's the world’s oldest and last surviving music hall.
- Enjoy cocktails at Frank’s Cafe in Peckham: The cool rooftop bar is open all summer and boast a lovely view.
- Treat your date to an evening at Champagne + Fromage bistro: Feast on champagne and cheese.
- Make your way to the Royal Observatory Greenwich: Stargaze, touch a 4.5 billion-year-old asteroid and straddle different hemispheres on the Meridian Line.
- Perfect for an afternoon date, visit a city farm: Show off your sensitive side as you coo over the cute animals.
- Enjoy drinks at Gordon’s Wine Bar: Drink in an atmospheric cave in central London.
- Embark on a cruise: Board a century-old canal boat from Little Venice to Camden with Jason’s Trip.
- Go indoor skiing at Chel-ski: Take to the slopes at the capital’s largest indoor ski centre.
- Take to the skies on a helicopter tour: Fly over the London’s iconic sights with The London Helicopter.
- Book a street art tour: Discover creativity flourishing in Shoreditch.
- Go on an adrenaline-fuelled date with Up at The O2: Climb up the famous entertainment centre and enjoy amazing views.
- Go rock climbing at Clip ‘n Climb Chelsea: Trust your partner with your life at the indoor rock climbing centre.
- Hire a pedalo in Hyde Park: Glide along the beautiful Serpentine lake.
- Climb the 311 steps up to the top of the Monument: Take in spectacular views of London.
- Take your partner to a swing dance class: Dress up and have fun.
For more romantic ideas, check out 101 romantic things to do in London
, take a look this guide to Valentine's Day
or discover fairytale locations