For the latest updates on the day of the Chinese New Year London celebrations, follow the official #CNYLondon hashtag on social media.
Mark the Year of the Rat with a spectacular lineup of Chinese New Year events in London.
From specially designed Chinese New Year menus to Chinese-inspired family activities, there are plenty of exciting things to do in London over the Lunar New Year.
Chinese New Year London 2020 activities
- Mark the Year of the Rat with Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance, as they host a night featuring spectacular performances, delicious food and interactive stalls. 17 Jan
- Watch cutting-edge Chinese-language films during the Chinese Visual Festival at BFI Southbank, Regent Street Cinema and King's College London. 19-26 Jan
- Enjoy an evening of celebrations, featuring lion dances and traditional music, at London’s largest Asian food hall, Bang Bang Oriental. 24 Jan
- Join Camden Market's Chinese New Year party, where you can tuck into delicious cuisine from the Asian Alleys, catch live performances and pick up a surprise-filled red envelope. 25 Jan
- Dance to late-night DJ beats and sip on cool cocktails at W London’s glitzy One Night in Shanghai party. 25 Jan
- Experience the ultimate Chinese New Year in London celebrations with a colourful parade, food stalls, fun activities and vibrant performances across Chinatown, Trafalgar Square and the West End. 26 Jan
- Head to Brent Cross Shopping Centre for dance performances, a tai chi demonstration and fun activities. 1 Feb
- Make the most of exclusive offers and limited-edition products from leading brands for Chinese New Year at Westfield's shopping centres. Until 2 Feb
London Chinese New Year food and drink
- Indulge in a special menu, featuring treats such as golden treasure pockets filled with abalone and wild mushrooms, at Hakkasan. 13 Jan-9 Feb
- Discover what's to come during the Year of the Rat at Michelin-starred Yauatcha, where guests can expect expertly executed Chinese delicacies. 13 Jan-9 Feb
- Try Ping Pong's mouthwatering new Chinese New Year dim sum, which include fluffy duck hoisin buns and chicken and orange dumplings. 14 Jan-10 Mar
- Learn new techniques to create your own flavoursome treats with the Cookery School’s dim sum workshop. 18 Jan and 8 Mar
- Marvel at a gorgeous paper art installation, featuring origami lanterns and chrysanthemums, while tucking into delicious Chinese delicacies at Mei Ume this Chinese New Year. 23 Jan-6 Feb
- Hop onboard a classic Routemaster bus decorated with red lanterns and dine on Chinese-inspired treats during B Bakery’s Chinese New Year afternoon tea bus tour. 25 Jan
- Feast on reinvented Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine at Xu Teahouse and Restaurant with a Chinese New Year set menu. 25 Jan-9 Feb
- Celebrate in style with a sky-high afternoon tea featuring an Asian twist at Ting in the Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London. Until 31 Jan
- Sink your teeth into an Asian-inspired afternoon tea with a side of stunning views at the Oxo Tower Brasserie.
Tuck into Insta-worthy dim sum and Chinese New Year specials at Red Farm. Roll the dice to be in with the chance of getting your hands on a lucky red envelope!
Family activities for Chinese New Year in London
- Enjoy Chinese New Year activities for kids at the National Maritime Museum, featuring traditional lion dance, arts and storytelling. 25 Jan
- Join in family activities at the National Gallery during the Chinese New Year London celebrations, from arts and crafts workshops to traditional dance performances. 26 Jan
- Take the family to an art workshop aboard Cutty Sark, inspired by the ship’s historic travels to China. 1-2 Feb
- Let the little ones practise ribbon twirling and martial arts at the Museum of London Docklands. 8-9 Feb