Mark the Year of the Pig with a spectacular line-up of Chinese New Year events in London.
From specially designed Chinese New Year menus to Chinese-inspired family activities, there are plenty of exciting things to do in London over the Lunar New Year.
Chinese New Year London 2019 events
- Take part in Chinese New Year-inspired activities after dark with China Lates at the Science Museum. 30 Jan
- Watch cutting-edge Chinese-language films and director Q&As with the Chinese Visual Festival at BFI Southbank. 19 Jan-2 Feb
- Join a celebration of legendary women in music with new work from Chinese composer RuiQi Wang, alongside classic pieces from Chopin and the Schumanns, performed by pianist Di Xiao at the China Exchange. 24 Jan
- Mark the Year of the Pig with Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance, as they host a night featuring spectacular performances, delicious food and interactive stalls. 29 Jan
- Enjoy an evening of celebrations, featuring lion dances and traditional music, at London’s largest Asian food hall, Bang Bang Oriental. 1 Feb
- Head to Brent Cross Shopping Centre for music from a Chinese orchestra, a tai chi demonstration, storytelling and craft activities. 9 Feb
- Enter the Land of Luck and be transported to some of China's hidden gems, enjoy tea-tasting sessions and tuck into six lucky Chinese dishes. 9 Feb
- Experience Chinese New Year in London celebrations with a colourful parade, food stalls, fun activities and vibrant performances across Chinatown and the West End. 10 Feb
London Chinese New Year food and drink
- Fill your social media feed with snaps of Soft Serve Society’s Year of the Pig-inspired ice cream. 24 Jan-17 Feb
- Discover what’s to come during the Year of the Pig at Hakkasan, where traditional fortune cookies are transformed into luxurious fortune macarons. 28 Jan-24 Feb
- Indulge in a special menu featuring delicacies such as Szechuan three-style mushroom at Michelin-starred Yauatcha during Chinese New Year in London. 28 Jan-24 Feb
- Sink your teeth into a pandan doughnut filled with coconut cream custard from Crosstown. From 28 Jan
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with chips and Chinese-inspired dips at HipChips in Soho. 1-28 Feb
- Tuck into a vegan Chinese feast at Benk + Bo, featuring food by dynamic duo Phung Kay. 2-3 Feb
- Learn new techniques to create your own flavoursome treats with the Cookery School’s dim sum workshop. 2 Feb
- Pick up a cute pig-shaped bao bun this Chinese New Year at Bun House & Tea Room. From 4 Feb
- Treat yourself to afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason, with luck-bringing treats and a deep-red cocktail designed for the occasion. 4 Feb
- Feast on reinvented Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine at Xu Teahouse and Restaurant with a Chinese New Year set menu. 4-28 Feb
- Hop onboard a classic Routemaster bus decorated with red lanterns and dine on Chinese-inspired treats during B Bakery’s Chinese New Year afternoon tea bus tour. 8-10 Feb
- Find some of the best places to eat in Chinatown or London’s top Chinese restaurants.
Family activities for Chinese New Year in London
- Head to Greenwich Market to make Chinese lanterns and paper pigs during an origami workshop. 2 Feb
- Let the little ones practice ribbon twirling, martial arts and traditional percussion instruments at the Museum of London Docklands. 2-3 Feb
- Take the family to an art workshop aboard Cutty Sark, inspired by the ship’s historic travels to China. 2-3 Feb
- Enjoy Chinese New Year activities for kids at the National Maritime Museum, featuring traditional lion dance, arts and storytelling. 9 Feb
- Find fun-filled activities at the V&A Museum of Childhood, from Chinese crafts and calligraphy, to live entertainment. 9 Feb
- Join in family activities at the National Gallery during the Chinese New Year London celebrations, from dumpling-making workshops to storytelling sessions. 10 Feb
Discover more things to do during Chinese New Year in London.