- River cruises, live music and theatre performances mark the new year.
- Many restaurants and bars host spectacular New Year's Eve celebrations.
There's no shortage of fun things to do in London to welcome in 2023. Many of London's best attractions, including restaurants, bars, theatres and entertainment venues, celebrate New Year's Eve with a bang!
Take a look at some of the top things to do on New Year's Eve in the capital – check back later for confirmed events and activities for New Year's Eve 2022.
London New Year’s Eve fireworks
Last year, the London New Year's Eve fireworks did not take place as a public event. However, you could enjoy a dazzling celebration of the highs of 2021 broadcasted on BBC One.
Make sure to check back later for confirmed information about the London New Year's Eve celebrations in 2022.
NYE cruises with views of the city
- Watch London in all its glory from the river on one of City Cruises' New Year's Eve cruises: choose from a sightseeing cruise, traditional boat trips with champagne and live music or a gala dinner.
- Take a thrilling speedboat ride with Thames Rockets, before cruising back to central London to kick off the festivities.
Capture views of the city
- Treat yourself to an unforgettable London NYE at The Rooftop with views of Trafalgar Square and exceptional cocktails.
- Watch the sun set on 2022 at Madison, which offers some of the best views of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Feast at the legendary Savoy Grill and make the most of riverside views while toasting to the new year.
- See the skyline sparkle from the riverside restaurant at the Sea Containers hotel, or head to the rooftop and party to live music at 12th Knot.
- End the year on a high with dinner and music at a restaurant with amazing views of the London skyline.
London restaurants for New Year's Eve dining
- Treat yourself to a meal at one of London's finest Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Find and book a restaurant for New Year's Eve, many of which put on special menus.
- Go for an unusual end to the year at one of London’s quirky restaurants.
- Start your celebrations off early with an indulgent afternoon tea in London.
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink or toast midnight at one of London’s sparkling champagne bars or swish cocktail bars.
New Year's Eve clubs and parties
- Dance, with a cocktail in hand, in front of spectacular views at the New Year's Eve party at the top of The Shard.
- Party the night away at Printworks, where spectacular DJs have you grooving into the early hours.
- Head to The Piano Works for fun NYE events, including bottomless brunch, karaoke and live music.
- Join the extravagant Bourne & Hollingsworth New Year's Eve party, which offers drinks, dining and dancing into the night.
New Year's Eve shows and concerts
Day and evening NYE London ideas
- Enjoy an afternoon skate at one of London's top ice-skating rinks.
- Get stuck into festive fun at Winter Wonderland with rides, markets and shows.
- Take the family to a top Christmas show or a spectacular West End performance (not all productions have shows on New Year's Eve, so make sure to check dates in advance).
- Tick off some of London’s top attractions, many of which are open during the day on New Year’s Eve.
Things to do on New Year's Day
- Start the new year off with the London New Year’s Day Parade.
- Hit the shops in one of London’s top shopping destinations to pick up bargains in the January sales.
- Marvel at the Christmas lights and Christmas trees, which can still be spotted across the city.
- Take a look at what else is on in London on New Year's Day.