Stansted Airport is the main hub for budget airlines into London. Budget flights also operate out of Gatwick Airport, Luton Aiport and London Southend Airport. Check our London Airports section to learn more about Heathrow and City Airports. Some of the larger airlines, such as British Airways, offer great deals on flights into London, including cheap flights to London Heathrow, so it's worth shopping around.
Budget airlines flying in and out of London include:
- easyJet – one of the main budget airlines serving the UK and Europe
- Ryanair – this major, low-fare airline flies to the UK, Europe and other popular holiday destinations.
- Eurowings – a low-cost airline that flies from Stansted Airport, Gatwick Airport, London City Airport and Heathrow Airport to a range of European destinations
- WizzAir – the cheap flight airline linking Luton Airport to Central and Eastern Europe
- Aer Lingus – cheap airline that flies into London City Airport, Gatwick Airport and Heathrow Airport from Ireland, Northern Ireland and the USA
- Flybe – one of Europe's biggest regional airlines, serving UK and European destinations from London City Airport, London Southend, Stansted Airport and Gatwick Airport
You are more likely to get a cheap flight to London if you book well in advance, and if you avoid peak times such as Christmas. Keep an eye out for airline sales and special deals from travel agents such as Thomas Cook Airlines and Expedia.