Live online concerts and gigs
- Settle into your favourite spot on the couch for the Royal Albert Hall’s Royal Albert Home streamed shows, direct from the homes of top artists. Upcoming acts include Nicola Benedetti and Deelee Dubé. Various dates
- Support some of London's smaller independent music venues with the Save Our Venues initiative. Although concerts are free to stream, donations are encouraged. Various dates
- Look out for Facebook Live streamed gigs from Nashville Nights, which is based at Chelsea FC’s home, Stamford Bridge.
- See the National Youth Theatre's live Sunday Sessions from young musicians on its YouTube channel. Sundays
- Catch up on a night of music, cabaret and more, as actors’ hotspot Joe Allen created a virtual version of its West End restaurant in July. Mix up one of its signature cocktails at home and settle in for entertainment from London theatre stars.
- Look out for regular live streamed gigs by jazz artists from Chelsea basement bar 606 Club.
- Log on for Friday Sessions as part of Greenwich Peninsula’s The Peninsulist Presents virtual festival, spanning afrobeats, electro-pop, jazz and more. Fridays at 7pm until 4 Sep
Online music festivals and DJ sets
- Ready your wellies for a virtual celebration of the Glastonbury Festival. Find 50 years of posters, photos, interviews and playlists from the V&A’s archive.
- Or catch up on sister-label Glitterbox’s virtual festivals, events and DJ sets.
- The South West Four festival may have been postponed for 2020, but you can still enjoy the festival fun with Home Alone with SW4 mixes.
- Check out emerging local talent from south London as the annual Crystal Palace Festival moves its stage online. 15-16 Aug
- Join the world's biggest classical music festival, as the BBC Proms turns virtual for 2020 with new live concerts, past highlights and more. Until 12 Sep (UK only)
- Enjoy 10 days of performances, recordings, talks and more, as the EFG London Jazz Festival mixes staged and online events with Living in Two Worlds. 13-22 Nov
Classical music, online opera and ballet
- Enjoy free English National Ballet performances from home, including weekly Wednesday Watch Parties (Wednesdays at 7pm). Various dates
- Get your fill of the London Philharmonic Orchestra with LPOnline performances and playlists, including special Summer Sessions. Various dates
- Usually based at the Southbank Centre, the Philharmonia Orchestra has moved its concerts online with The Philharmonia Sessions – enjoy a family concert or be treated to Beethoven and Vaughan Williams’ works. 22 Aug and 17 Sep
- Have a night at the opera or ballet, as the Royal Opera House broadcasts performances on television and radio (UK only).
- Have 20 minutes to spare? Join one of the Coffee Break Concerts delivered by performers from London-based opera company OperaUpClose. Every other Wednesday
Playlists, podcasts and videos
- Enjoy some of the London Symphony Orchestra’s playlists as part of Our City Together programme of activities in the City of London.
- Browse Southbank Centre’s playlists, including John Peel’s Meltdown festival, DJ mixes from Spiritland, plus Grace Jones’ Meltdown (includes some adult-only content), which was due to take place this summer.
- Learn more about musicians and other notable people from Brent – the Mayor's London Borough of Culture 2020 – in a video series and reggae map, with Brent 2020 Unlocked.
- Tune in to Musicity’s tracks from past London events. Go on a journey through south London in the recent Musicity at Home or focus on the City of London with Musicity x Sculpture in the City.
Online singalongs and kids’ activities
- Join the weekly Big Gay Sing Along on Zoom for an hour of fabulously fun tunes. Fridays at 8pm
- Learn how to sing your favourite pop hits with London-wide choir Some Voices in free virtual tutorials and singalongs.
- Join Blackheath Halls for music-themed fun, from cook-alongs to family illustration workshops and quizzes. Thursdays until 17 Sep
- Bash your pots and bang your pans as you join in live Boppin' Bunnies music classes for under-fives. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am
- Step into the Georgian era or the 1960s with fun tasks based around George Frideric Handel and Jimi Hendrix at Handel & Hendrix in London.
For more things to do at home in London, take a look at our Virtually London guide. Immerse yourself in more London culture with online theatre shows, take your pick from virtual art exhibitions and museum exhibits; or get creative with online learning experiences.
Don’t miss our round-up of virtual activities and events to enjoy this weekend.