The ship’s history stretches back over 80 years and includes serving in Arctic convoys and firing some of the first shots at the D-Day landings.
Your visit will take you from the lower decks, under the Thames waterline, to the top of the flag deck.
What is there to see at HMS Belfast?Step on to the Quarter deck to start your naval adventure.
Experience the noise of battle from within the gun turret which recreates the sounds of D-Day, 1944.
Head to the upper decks and take command of the ship as you sit in the Captain's chair, or simply enjoy the view from your elevated position.
Deep within the lower decks you’ll find the machinery that powered the ship and the shell rooms containing the shells waiting to be hoisted up to the gun turret. Take the helm and see if you can steer the ship to its destination in time for D-day.
Get a sense of what life was like for the crew with a visit to the crowded living quarters where hammocks hang side by side. The galley, bakery and provision stores show what it took to feed nearly one thousand men while the fully-stocked medical centre kept the crew in tip-top health.
Throughout the ship there are interactive games to play which let you get a flavour of the onboard experience. There’s even a gaming room where you can play World of Warships and lead your ship into battle.
How long does it take to walk around HMS Belfast?With so many decks to explore, you can easily spend 90 minutes walking around HMS Belfast.
How can I book tickets to HMS Belfast?It is recommended that you book tickets in advance – book HMS Belfast Rooms tickets now.
Where is HMS Belfast?HMS Belfast is moored on the river Thames between Tower Bridge and London Bridge.
How do I get to HMS Belfast?
The nearest mainline railway station and Tube station is London Bridge (Jubilee and Northern lines) which is a five-minute walk away.
Various bus routes stop close to HMS Belfast.
Bike racks are located outside of London Bridge station and there is a Santander docking station on Tooley Street, which is a five-minute walk from HMS Belfast.
Prices and opening times
|Child ticket (5 to 15 years old)||£11.35 per ticket|
|Concession ticket||£20.40 per ticket|
|Adult ticket||£22.70 per ticket|
Monday to Sunday: 10am to 6pm.
Venue Details & Map
The Queen's WalkLondonSE1 2JH
- +44 (0)20 7940 6300
- Public transport:
- Tube or train: London Bridge. Exit the station via the Tooley St exit and walk through Hays Galleria towards the River Thames, HMS Belfast is moored between London Bridge and Tower Bridge.
Facilities & Accessibility
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Ramps with handrail within building
- Some routes suitable for limited mobility users
- Some routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Steps with handrail within building
- Steps within building
- Access into the Building
- Flat routes from parking area to entrance
- Ramps with handrails to entrance
- Temporary ramps available
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Information available in audio format
- Information available in large print
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Staff available to assist
- Staff disability awareness trained
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Attraction Facilities
- Audio commentary available
- Gift shop
- Patron toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Breakout Rooms
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- In house AV available
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Wedding service
- Payment Facilities
- Group rates available