After a spectacular entrance through the sound of breaking waves you arrive in one of the greatest maritime museums of the world – The National Maritime Museum in London, containing models, displays, paintings and trophies from every continent of the world.
Arranged in a series of themed exhibition galleries you can recall the romance of the great ocean liners, appreciate the elegance of Prince Frederick’s golden barge, delve into the traditions of maritime London and study the controversial history of trade across the Atlantic.
Children find plenty to engage them in the All Hands gallery while young people can try their hand on the professional ship simulator on the Bridge or study the impact of careless behaviour on the ocean environment.
The museum has a full programme of fun free family events, serious lectures, an important reference library of books and manuscripts and an e-library for personal research. The National Maritime Museum is a large museum with many items of particular interest to maritime specialists and model-makers.
Take a break during your visit at the Paul patisserie and coffee shop or dine economically in the Regatta licensed restaurant.
Before you leave, take time to visit the well-stocked shop which includes a large number of exclusive items relating to the museum collections including some of the National Maritime Museum’s own publications.
In recent years, the National Maritime Museum has won Visit London awards for the quality of customer service and its sustainability and access policies. It aims to set a high standard and is accredited as a Quality Visitor Attraction.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, you can expect to find special safety measures in place due to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information, check direct with the venue ahead of your visit.
Prices and opening times
Admission free except to events and special exhibitions.
Open daily 10.00 – 17.00. Last admission is 30 minutes before closing.
Images and Videos
Venue Details & Map
National Maritime Museum Greenwich
Romney RoadGreenwichLondonSE10 9NF
- +44 (0)20 8312 6608
- Public transport:
- Rail – Greenwich (zone 2) DLR – Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich By boat – from most central London piers
Facilities & Accessibility
For comprehensive accessibility information on this venue please click here
- Access Inside Building Facilities
- Accessible lift
- All routes suitable for wheelchair users
- Access into the Building
- Automatic doors
- Full, non-assisted wheelchair access
- Ramps from parking area to entrance
- Accessible Bathroom Facilities
- Designated wheelchair accessible public toilet
- Accessible Communication Facilities
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage (colour contrast, large letters or pictograms)
- Hearing loop system
- Information available in audio format
- Accessible Parking Facilities
- Public car park available within two hundred metres of main entrance
- Accessible Venue Facilities
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant or cafe
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the lounge
- Level access, ramp or lift to the shop
- Staff available to assist
- Wheelchairs available free of charge
- Additional Accessible Facilities
- Accessible baby changing rooms
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to garden
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Attraction Facilities
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Booking Facilities
- Group bookings accepted
- Catering Facilities
- Event catering
- Outdoor dining / Beer garden
- Private Dining
- Event Facilities
- Available for wedding receptions
- Breakout Rooms
- Conference rooms / Meeting rooms
- Event facilities
- In house AV available
- Offers charity rates
- Raked or tiered seating offered
- Trade vehicle access
- Venue allows outside catering
- General Facilities
- Free WiFi
- On site parking
- Payment Facilities
- Free entry
- Group rates available