Here's our pick of the best restaurants in London:
Best cheap places to eat in London
- Tear into slices of Napoli-style pizza at Santa Maria Pizzeria in central Fitzrovia.
- Try the fluffy Taiwanese buns with delectable toppings at Bao.
- Head to Padella for bowls of homemade pasta from around £5.
- Treat yourself to a steak and salad at Flat Iron for a reasonable £10.
- Enjoy the glamorous surroundings at Brasserie Zedel, offering French food at affordable prices.
- Sink your teeth into one of the best burgers in London at Patty and Bun.
- Discover family-style Sri Lankan cooking at Hoppers Soho.
- Gorge on pork belly tacos at Breddos Tacos.
- Dine on northern Chinese cuisine at Silk Road in Camberwell.
London restaurants for small plates
- Share delicious plates of French cuisine at cosy Blanchette.
- Grab a spot at Counter Culture’s 12-seat bar for small plates with big flavours.
- Venture to Stoke Newington for sensational Modern European dishes at Primeur.
- Queue at Barrafina – the incredible tapas inside is well worth the wait.
- Savour the taste of the Mediterranean at The Ninth in Fitzrovia.
- Sample delicious Italian and Peruvian dishes at Monmouth Kitchen.
- Try one of the many excellent seafood dishes on the menu at Westerns Laundry.
Best London vegetarian and vegan restaurants
- For vegan food that even non-vegetarians will love, go to neon-pink Genesis in Spitalfields.
- Head to The Gate Islington for a brilliant vegetarian meal before watching a show at nearby Sadler’s Wells.
- Soak up the cheery community atmosphere and enjoy a variety of cuisines from rotating chefs at Bonnington Cafe.
- Stuff your face with the much-loved vegan burgers at Mooshies on Brick Lane.
- Get dressed up and enjoy inventive vegetarian cooking in a smart setting at Vanilla Black.
- Marvel at the gloriously pink room at Rasa N16 while tucking into sizzling Indian curries.
- Fill up on junk food at Temple of Seitain, London's famous vegan fried chicken joint.
- Sample vegan and vegetarian dishes from around the world at Mildreds, a Soho institution.
- Try creative dishes with matched wine pairings from the set vegan menu at The Frog in Hoxton Square
Fun restaurants in London with creative dishes
- Push the “press for champagne” button at Bob Bob Ricard.
- Eat wholesome food at Rochelle Canteen, located in a school’s old bike shed.
- Head to Pidgin for a changing set menu with unusual flavour combinations such as buttermilk mousse with cornflakes and pepper.
- Savour Michelin-starred dim sum in a beautifully converted church at Duddell’s.
- Try exciting British-Asian fusion food in 108 Garage, which was once a working garage.
- Dine on haute French cuisine at Sketch and marvel at the quirky restaurant's interiors, including the egg-shaped loos.
Best spots for brunch in London
- Admire Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings' beautiful botanical spaces during a bottomless brunch.
- Indulge in pancakes or get your health kick from superfood salads at Christopher's, a glitzy American restaurant.
- Order the Jerusalem Breakfast at The Good Egg in Soho for a Jewish-influenced brunch feast.
- Eat the signature duck and waffle dish in front of incredible views at Duck & Waffle.
- Enjoy every type of egg imaginable at Balthazar, a grand brasserie near Covent Garden.
- People-watch with a Bloody Mary outside Dean Street Townhouse, a brunch hotspot.
- Feast on top-quality sausage and bacon at Foxlow in Balham.
- Rub shoulders with the stars as you munch on buttermilk pancakes at Chiltern Firehouse.
BBQs, grills and kilns
- Watch meat roast on an open grill in the middle of Temper.
- Share large cuts of wood-smoked meat with friends at Pitt Cue.
- Order the grilled octopus at The Barbary, a North African grill in pretty Neal’s Yard.
- Shake your head to rock music as you eat Turkish-inspired kebabs at Black Axe Mangal.
- Fill up on plates of Thai food cooked over charcoal at Smoking Goat, inspired by late-night canteens in Bangkok.
- Chomp on hunks of meat from the grill and nibble on mezze at Berber & Q.
- Eat delicious Thai curries and noodles cooked in clay pots at Kiln.
London wine bars with fantastic food
- Devour tempting British fare paired with excellent wine at Noble Rot.
- Find your new favourite wine from the 10 bottles on rotation at The 10 Cases, with seasonal food to match.
- Soak up the warm ambience at late-night hangout, The Laughing Heart.
- Try natural wines and food from the charcoal grill at Naughty Piglets in Brixton.
- Stop off at Terroirs when in Trafalgar Square for small plates inspired by the Mediterranean.
- Head to buzzy 40 Maltby Street for natural wines and fresh produce from the tiny kitchen.
Michelin-starred restaurants in London
- Delight in stunning French cuisine from two Michelin-starred chef Hélène Darroze at The Connaught.
- Experience incredible British food in relaxed surroundings at The Harwood Arms, the only Michelin-starred pub in London.
- Treat yourself to a royal experience at The Dining Room at The Goring, frequented by Kate Middleton.
- Delve back in time through the historically inspired menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal.
- Tuck into wild English game dishes at two Michelin-starred restaurant, The Ledbury.
- Take a trip to Chez Bruce by Wandsworth Common for high-end French cuisine and fantastic service.
- Choose from around 45 gourmet Indian dishes at Amaya, each prepared with its own special blend of spices.
- Sample incredible Chinese food at Hakkasan, a celebrity haunt in Mayfair.
- Dine on British ingredients prepared with French influences at Marcus, from acclaimed chef Marcus Wareing.
- Join the well-heeled Chelsea set at celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's flagship restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.
- Admire sweeping views of Hyde Park from Galvin at Windows, on the 28th floor of the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Best British restaurants
- Find a spot at Kitty Fisher’s for British fare with a Spanish twist.
- Spot famous actors during a post-theatre dinner at The Ivy.
- Settle down at a table in Quo Vadis for comforting British staples such as pie and mash.
- Be wowed by the tasting menu at The Clove Club, ranked one of the world’s best restaurants.
- Pop into Lyle's in trendy Shoreditch for a set menu that celebrates seasonal British ingredients.
- Eat elegant dishes at CORE by Clare Smyth, the only female chef to have run a three Michelin-starred restaurant in the UK.
- Treat yourself to sensational British seafood or Scottish steaks at Berners Tavern.
- Feast on expertly cooked meats at Holborn Dining Room, a grand British brasserie.
Luxury dining in London
- Sample exquisite Japanese cuisine well worth the price tag at Roka Charlotte Street.
- Discover high-end French fare influenced by the South Pacific at chef Monica Galetti’s Mere.
- Knock on the door of a Regency townhouse to be whisked into the intimate dining room at Gauthier Soho.
- Relish fine Chinese cuisine and fantastic views at Min Jiang at the Royal Garden Hotel.
- Relax and enjoy elegant yet unstuffy French fine dining at La Dame de Pic at Tower Hill.
- Taste the famous black cod miso at Nobu Shoreditch.
Top restaurants in London for seasonal produce
- Drink wine on tap and eat British ingredients cooked with global influences at Clipstone.
- Discover the buzzy restaurant scene at Pop Brixton, where Smoke & Salt treat British ingredients with ancient techniques.
- Grab a table at Oldroyd, a tiny restaurant with a small menu filled with the best seasonal ingredients.
- Head to Eat 17 in Walthamstow for hearty plates made with locally sourced produce.
- Go south to Plot in Tooting's lively Broadway Market for new British cooking in a no-frills setting.
- Dine with the East Dulwich locals at Franklins, where ingredients are largely sourced from their farm in Kent.
Best steaks in London and other restaurants for meat lovers
- Scoff one of the best Sunday roasts in London at Hawksmoor Seven Dials.
- Tuck into excellent steaks and admire the view of Parliament across the river at Gillray’s.
- Make sure nothing goes to waste at St John, famous for its “nose to tail eating” philosophy.
- Enjoy the best cuts of meat from around the world, grilled to perfection at Omnino Leadenhall.
- Dig into the finest British meat handled with care at The Quality Chop House, featuring Grade II-listed Victorian decor.
- Tear into USDA prime steaks from American steakhouse Smith & Wollensky.
Best restaurants in London for international cuisine
- Discover regional specialties from Thailand at Som Saa.
- Begin your day with an Indian-inspired breakfast at Dishoom.
- Have your taste buds tingle with the freshness of the ceviche at Lima Fitzrovia, a Michelin-starred Peruvian restaurant.
- Feast on vibrant curries and bowls of steaming rice at Thai eatery Farang.
- Journey to Babur in south-east London, a neighbourhood restaurant that’s been serving creative Indian dishes since 1985.
- Indulge in high-end Italian cuisine at sophisticated Il Pampero.
- Tuck into colourful plates of delicious Middle Eastern food at Honey & Co.
- Dig in to warming tagines at glamorous Moroccan eatery, Momo.
- Uncover authentic culinary delights of Vietnam at Mam in Notting Hill.
- Head to Westminster institution Cinnamon Club for refined Indian food in a former Victorian library.