You can usually join top events in March, including St Patrick’s Day, The Boat Races and International Women's Day,
Treat mum to a London day out. Many London restaurants, tea rooms and attractions have special events and offers for Mother’s Day.
Welcome spring with a walk or run in London's parks, enjoying the warmer weather.
Although the weather may still be a little cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
Don't miss the chance to fill your Instagram feed with pretty cherry blossom trees this month, as the city is swarmed with pastels left, right and centre.
Get a flavour of what you can usually do in London during March. Check back closer to the time for confirmation of events in March 2022.
March events in London
Annual March events and celebrations
- Treat mum to a day out on Mother's Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including interactive tours, workshops and indulgent afternoon teas.
- Celebrate St Patrick's Day with a parade through central London and a free festival in Trafalgar Square, showcasing the best of Irish culture. Many pubs and bars across the capital also host St Patrick's Day events. Make sure to check out London's top Irish pubs.
Cool things to do in London in March
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of planet Earth at the extraordinary spectacle of Planet Earth II Live in Concert at The O2.
- Tap to country music at the Country to Country Festival at The O2.
- Don't forget to join in Global Recycling Day with fun activities usually hosted at Carnaby Street.
- Feel the electrifying atmosphere of the multi-venue RE-TEXTURED Festival, sure to tingle your senses with experimental electronic music, light installations and more.
- The themed London Handel Festival brings a huge programme of events surrounding the Baroque musician's work each year in March or April.
Outdoor events in London in March
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women's Eights Head of the River Race.
- Watch The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race as the crews from both universities compete for trophy in this annual event.
- Snap away at cherry blossom and other pretty blooms in London parks and gardens.
For more things to do in March in London, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with this theatre guide. If you're into last-minute planning, check out what's on this weekend and find more ideas for things to do today.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for the monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.