You can usually join top events in March, including St Patrick’s Day, The Boat Races and International Women's Day,
Treat mum to a London-themed day. Many London restaurants, tea rooms and attractions have virtual events and offers for Mother’s Day.
Welcome spring with a walk or run in London's parks, enjoying the warmer weather as part of your daily exercise.
Although the weather may still be a little cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
It's usually a good time to visit Kensington Palace gardens, Kew Gardens or any of London’s other top gardens, as seas of crocuses and daffodils bloom across the capital. Due to the national lockdown restrictions, many attractions remain closed.
However, you can still bask in the spring vibes with activities from home. Plus, you won't want to miss the chance to fill your Instagram feed with pretty cherry blossom trees this month, during your daily exercise.
Virtual events to put a spring in your step
- Treat mum to a day in on Mother's Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including interactive at-home activities, workshops and online shows.
- Explore the human impact on the planet with a live performance of Assembly from Donmar Warehouse.
- Tune into the Live in London series, showcasing performances recorded at the Hippodrome Casino London, streamed on Stream.Theatre from March.
- The Southbank Centre has a hive of online events to join throughout March, including literature and music performances.
- Discover new artists during London Unlocked, a seven-week-long series of live performances, streamed from top London venues on Sundays.
Get a flavour of what you can usually do in London during March. From outdoor festivals to annual celebrations, the capital is brimming with activity in spring.
March events in London
Annual March events and celebrations
Cool things to do in London in March
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of planet Earth at the extraordinary spectacle of Planet Earth II Live in Concert at The O2.
- Tap to country music at the Country to Country Festival at The O2.
- Don't forget to join in Global Recycling Day with fun activities usually hosted at Carnaby Street.
- Feel the electrifying atmosphere of the multi-venue RE-TEXTURED Festival, sure to tingle your senses with experimental electronic music, light installations and more.
- The themed London Handel Festival brings a huge programme of events surrounding the Baroque musician's work each year in March or April.
Outdoor events in London in March
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women's Eights Head of the River Race.
- Snap away at cherry blossom and other pretty blooms in London parks and gardens.
For more things to do in March in London, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with this theatre guide. If you're into last-minute planning, check out what's on this weekend and find more ideas for things to do today.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for the monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.