Although the weather may still be a little cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
Don't miss the chance to fill your Instagram feed with pretty cherry blossom trees this month, as the city is swarmed with pastels left, right and centre.
Unmissable March events in London
- Treat mum to a day out on Mother's Day: You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including luxury experiences and indulgent afternoon teas.
- Celebrate St Patrick's Day: Follow the parade through central London and enjoy a free festival in Trafalgar Square, showcasing the best of Irish culture. Many pubs and bars across the capital also host St Patrick's Day events. Make sure to check out London's top Irish pubs.
- Enjoy songs by female composers at International Women's Day: Song Plus at The Royal Academy of Music: Mark the day with music and events held across London (8 Mar) and celebrate Women's History Month with activities at London attractions. 1-31 Mar
- Experience Magical Mischief at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: Discover the fascinating filmmaking trickery of the Harry Potter film series - revealed for the first time!
- See rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race from Mortlake to Putney: Secure a good viewing spot to watch the action along the Thames Championship Course. 26 Mar
- Immerse yourself in the electrifying RE-TEXTURED Festival at Printworks in Canada Water: Tingle your senses with experimental electronic music, light installations and more. 25 Mar
Theatre shows in London
- Sing along with mum to Mamma Mia! the Novello Theatre: Embrace your inner dancing queen at the ultimate feel-good musical filled with your favourite ABBA songs.
- Experience magic at the theatre at Wicked at The Apollo Victoria Theatre: See the award-winning musical telling the story of the famous witches in Wizard of Oz.
- Laugh out loud at the Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre: Be thrilled by the hilarious musical filled with comedy and catchy songs.
- Be enchanted by The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre: Follow Simba's adventures at this must-see Disney classic packed with
- Dress to the nines at The Great Gatsby at Immersive LDN: Travel back to the 1920s for a hedonistic immersive theatre experience.
- Be thrilled by Cyrano de Bergerac at the Harold Pinter Theatre: See the famous poet in action in as he tries to win the heart of Roxanne. Until 12 Mar
- Head to Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird at the Gielgud Theatre: Watch the enduring story of racial injustice in 1930s Alabama on West End stage. 10 Mar-13 Aug
- Boogie on down to Saturday Night Fever at Sadler's Wells: Dance under the disco ball as the 1977 John Travolta classic comes alive on stage. Until 26 Mar
- Be mesmerised by Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House: Enjoy a stunning production of Tchaikovsky's much-loved ballet.
- Sing along to show-stopping hits at Best of Broadway at the Royal Albert Hall: Spend a dazzling evening with West End stars from your favourite musicals. 2 Mar
- Be gripped by Agatha Christie's Witness For the Prosecution at County Hall: Take your place inside the courtroom at London's County Hall and watch the drama unfold. Until 20 Mar
- See Straight Light Crazy starring Ralph Fiennes at the Bridge Theatre: Follow the story of New York's controversial civil engineer Robert Moses.14 Mar-18 Jun
Exhibitions in London
- Explore the Elegant and Enchanting exhibition, included with entry to Kew Gardens: See stunning artworks by botanical artists from Japan, China and Thailand. Until 27 Mar
- See Life Through a Royal Lens as part of entry to Kensington Palace: View iconic images of the Royal Family from the Victorian era to the present day,
- Be filled with wonder by the Wild & Cultivated: Fashioning the Rose exhibition at The Garden Museum: Admire the creative use of roses in fashion throughout history, featuring designs from Alexander McQueen and Philip Treacy. 16 Mar-18 Jun
- Get your fashion fix at Fashioning Masculinities: The Art of Menswear at the Victoria and Albert Museum: Celebrate iconic looks from legendary designers.19 Mar-16 Nov
- Take an emotional journey back in time at Titanic: the Exhibition at Dock X, Surrey Quays. Observe historical objects and personal artefacts retrieved from the fateful ship. Until 20 Mar
- Find breathtaking photography in Amazônia at the Science Museum: See stunning images of the Amazon's people and landscapes in Sebastiao Salgado's exhibition. Until 20 Mar
- See Paul McCartney: The Lyrics at the British Library: From the Beatles to Wings, get a glimpse of lyrics on display from the most famous songs of all-time. Until 13 Mar
- Head to the Serpentine Gallery to ponder Radio Ballads: Explore the work of leading artists who have collaborated with communities in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. 31 Mar-29 May
What else is on in March?
- Don't miss Aurora at The View from The Shard: Experience a Nordic wonderland inside London's tallest attraction. Until 14 Mar
- Delve into the word of work at KidZania's Career Festival. Kids can meet with industry giants and professionals from all walks of life and be inspired to find their dream job. 7-12 Mar
- Be captivated by Planet Earth II Live in Concert at The O2: Watch the award-winning nature show on the big screen with a live orchestra. 20 Mar
- Tap to country music at the Country to Country Festival at The O2: See the world's biggest country music stars at Europe's largest country music festival. 11-13 Mar
- Don't forget to join in Global Recycling Day: Help the environment with fun activities across London. 18 Mar
- Watch Seven Worlds, One Planet at The O2: Go on an epic journey across seven continents with spectacular footage of the natural world and narration from Sir David Attenborough. 31 Mar
- Be inspired by Tim Peak: My journey to Space at The Barbican: Discover what it's really like in space with insights from the British astronaut. 27 Mar
- Listen to classical music at the London Handel Festival: Enjoy a huge programme of events surrounding the Baroque musician's work. 23 Mar-18 Apr
- Don't miss the Evolution Festival at Lyric Hammersmith Theatre: Catch thrilling performances showcasing new talent and reinventing classic plays. 1-4 Mar
- Snap away at cherry blossom and other pretty blooms in London parks and gardens: Stroll through London and capture it at its most beautiful.
For more things to do in March in London, take a look at the events calendar and guide to what's on in London. And catch the best of the London stage with this theatre guide. If you're into last-minute planning, check out what's on this weekend and find more ideas for things to do today.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.