Easter sometimes falls in March; make the most of family events and egg hunts.
Join in with top events in March, including St Patrick’s Day, boat races and International Women's Day,
Many London restaurants, tea rooms and attractions have events and offers for Mother’s Day.
Although the weather may still be quite cold, the first signs of spring appear in March in London.
It's a good time to visit the Kensington Palace gardens, Kew Gardens or any of London’s other top gardens, as seas of crocuses and daffodils bloom across the capital. You won't want to miss the chance to fill your Instagram feed with pretty cherry blossom trees this month.
March events in London
Annual March events
- Celebrate St Patrick's Day with a parade through central London and a free festival in Trafalgar Square, showcasing the best of Irish culture. Many pubs and bars across the capital also host St Patrick's Day events; check out London's top Irish pubs.
- Honour International Women's Day with the WOW – Women of the World festival at Southbank Centre.
- Treat your mum to a day out in London on Mother's Day. You’ll find plenty of fun things to do with mum, including afternoon teas, river cruises and shows.
- Easter always falls between March and April. In 2020, Easter weekend takes place between 10 and 13 April, with plenty of fun-filled events and Easter egg hunts over the bank holiday weekend.
March sports events
- Secure a good viewing spot along the Thames Championship Course this month to see rowing crews from around the world take on the Head of the River Race and the Women's Eights Head of the River Race.
- Join the runners or watch from the sidelines as the London Landmarks Half Marathon winds its way through Westminster and the City of London.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London weather page.
Sign up for our monthly enewsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.