Content contains affiliate links – marked with asterisks. If you click through and make a purchase, Visit London receives a commission which is put back into our work promoting London.
Discover London’s romantic side with that special someone on and around 14 February, with our guide to romantic and quirky things to do for Valentine’s Day 2023 in London.
From Valentine’s Day dinners and champagne with a view, to exquisite flower festivals and adventures for two, impress your date with a romantic getaway to London this Valentine’s Day.
Cool things to do on Valentine's Day in London
- Celebrate Valentine's at London’s most romantic theatre shows or West End musicals: Enjoy a spectacular show together.
- Make memories to last a lifetime at the capital's most popular attractions.
- Be thrilled by the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: Explore behind the scenes of Harry Potter's wizarding world.
- Spend the day on an exciting London tour: Find romantic spots in London along the way.
- Feel the effects of Cupid's bow onboard a Bateaux London dining cruise: Feast on sumptuous seasonal menus and a selection of wine and cocktails as you cruise along the Thames.
- Visit Kensington Palace: Admire the home of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and other royal couples before them.
- Have a fun date night at a museum late: Wander around museum galleries after dark with a glass of wine in hand.
- See a romantic movie together at a unique cinema: Watch a classic romance or a hilarious rom-com.
- Stroll hand in hand at Kew Gardens: Lose yourself among hundreds of colourful flowers.
- Gaze at the stars at Scenes in the Square: Follow the statue trail, full of top British film stars.
- Buy a beautiful bouquet at Columbia Road Flower Market: Find fabulous fragrant flowers for your loved one.
- Or have a romantic weekend: Make the most of your time together in London with a stay in a luxury hotel.
Take in romantic views of London
- Soar into the sky on the London Eye: Or blow the budget by hiring a private capsule.
- Watch the sunset from The View from The Shard: Bask in breath-taking views of London with your beloved.
- Cruise along the Thames with City Cruises: Sip champagne and soak up the sights on a romantic river cruise.
- Enjoy a romantic walk at WWT London Wetland Centre: Take your date to an urban oasis full of nature.
- Enjoy dinner at Sky Garden: Celebrate your love with a romantic dinner up in the clouds.
- Sip on cocktails at one of London's best rooftop bars: Gaze at beautiful cityscapes from trendy rooftop terraces and gardens.
- Find the best place to propose: Discover dreamy locations across London for that perfect moment.
Valentine’s Day ideas in London for the adventurous
- Cuddle up as you enjoy a scenic ride on the Emirates Air Line cable car: See spectacular sunset views of the London skyline.
- Or live the high life with a London Helicopter Tour: Treat your loved one to a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Whizz down The Slide at the Orbit: Have an exhilarating experience at the world’s longest and tallest tunnel slide
- Take your love to new heights Up at the O2: Climb over roof of the world's most popular entertainment venue together.
- Stimulate your senses with London's best immersive experiences: Step into another world together.
- Have fun and get competitive at London's top activity bars: The question is - will you let them win?
- Make a splash at Lee Valley White Water Centre: Venture into the white water rapids together.
- Plan an adrenaline-filled date night: Surprise your loved one with these date ideas.
Enjoy Valentine's Day shows and concerts in London
- Have a night to remember at the Royal Opera House or London Coliseum: Treat your partner to tickets to a spellbinding ballet or romantic opera.
- Bring a loved one to London's music venues: Go to a Valentine's Day gig at one of London's grassroots.
- Laugh your heart out at London's comedy shows: Find out if you share the same sense of humour.
Indulge in Valentine's Day afternoon teas
- Treat yourself to an extra-special afternoon tea in London on Valentine's Day: Many venues create Valentine’s Day afternoon tea menus for the occasion.
- Feel the romance as you delight in a champagne afternoon tea: Sip on bubbly in a sophisticated setting.
- Drive by the London Eye and St Paul's Cathedral: See iconic London landmarks such as as you indulge in a traditional afternoon tea aboard a bus tour.
Dine at top Valentine's Day restaurants in London
- Book the best table in one of London’s romantic restaurants for Valentine's: Impress your date at the charming Clos Maggiore and the ever so pretty Sketch.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner cruise or afternoon tea with City Cruises or Bateaux London: Sail down the Thames in style as you celebrate.
- Break the ice in a quirky bar or restaurant on Valentine’s Day: Make it a evening to remember in some of London's most unique venues.
- Snuggle up by a crackling fire in a cosy pub: Reward yourself with a tipple as you while away the afternoon.
- Spice up your Insta feed at Instagrammable cafes: Capture the special day in a cute and quirky location.
- Splash out on a Valentine's Day dinner in a Michelin-starred London restaurant: Feast on sumptuous food in a spectacular setting.
Where to bag a perfect gift
- Purchase a luxury experience in London to enjoy together: Treat your loved one with a gift to remember, from spa days and luxury train journeys to cocktail masterclasses.
- Feast on luxurious sweet treats from Fortnum & Mason... Or buy a luxury hamper now*: A glorious gift for a special occasion.
- Visit London's top department stores for Valentine's Day gift ideas: Find the perfect present - even for those who are hard to buy for.
- If you're shopping for him, head to London's top menswear shops: Pick up some accessories to complement his wardrobe.
- Peruse the city's best shopping hotspots for the perfect gifts: Discover fashionable boutiques, big names and emerging brands.
Scenic outdoor spots to explore together
- Take a stroll to the top of Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill or Greenwich Park: Cuddle up on a blanket as you admire beautiful views of the London skyline.
- Spend a romantic day in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace: Admire the beautiful gardens and get lost in the famous maze!
- Head to the tranquil Kyoto Japanese Garden in Holland Park: Feel romantic in the beautiful garden with its colourful peacocks and delightful Koi fish.
- Wander in picturesque parks and gardens: Make time to explore London's beautiful green spaces together.
For more romantic Valentine's Day ideas to enjoy in the city, follow this guide to 101 romantic things to do in London.
If you’re in serious need of last-minute ideas, check out this guide to things to do in London this weekend.