Best theatre shows for kids
- Experience the gothic romance of The Phantom of the Opera – a masked figure with a passion for a young opera singer.
- Fall under the spell of Disney's magical musical Frozen, as you follow the adventures of sisters Anna and Elsa in the kingdom of Arendelle.
- Feel good with the family at Mamma Mia! and enjoy this hilarious story of a young woman trying to find her father, as well as some ABBA tunes.
- Let the little ones travel to the Serengeti during Disney’s well-loved tale of The Lion King.
- Go on a magical adventure with everyone's favourite nanny, Mary Poppins. Plus, make sure to sing along to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
- Join Marty McFly and the Doc for a time-travelling adventure with the Back to the Future musical.
- Be dazzled by the untold story of two witches and their against-all-odds friendship in the magical land of Oz with Wicked.
- Follow the heartwarming story of Matilda as Roald Dahl's classic tale comes to life on the West End stage.
Book tickets for some of the top musicals in London.
Fun museums and galleries for kids
- Enjoy fun activities at one of London's many world-class museums, including the National Maritime Museum, Museum of London and National Gallery.
- Sip on Butterbeer, ride a broomstick and trace magical moments of filmmaking history at the The Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition, a collection of behind-the-scenes photographs displayed at the London Film Museum.
- Learn about the creation and evolution of the transport system of London at the London Transport Museum.
- Explore different parts of the world, climate, electricity and medicine at the Science Museum.
- Study ancient historical artefacts at the Wellcome Collection.
Plan a trip to London to explore these incredible museums for kids.
Top attractions for families
- Stroll through history during a Buckingham Palace tour, where you can see lavish furniture, royal treasures and a special Platinum Jubilee display.
- See some of the city's most iconic sights, including St Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge, from a hop-on hop-off London bus tour.
- Explore St Paul's Cathedral which has backdropped plenty of historical events, royal celebrations and famous films.
- Admire 360-degree views from the tallest building in the city at The View from The Shard.
- Celebrate the Trolls World Tour with fun Troll-themed activities for kids at Shrek’s Adventure! London.
- Head to the Giants of the Galapagos exhibit to say hello to Dolly, Polly and Priscilla at the giant tortoises' home, ZSL London Zoo.
- From Paddington Bear to Mary Poppins, go on the hunt for stars of the screen on the Scenes in the Square statue trail in Leicester Square.
- Explore the flora and fauna of the Barbican Conservatory and enjoy a tropical paradise in London.
- Follow in the footsteps of your favourite wizard with a visit to the magical Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. A must-visit for any Harry Potter fan!
- Little ones can have a great time trying out different careers in the city specially built for children at KidZania.
- Journey to the depths of the ocean at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, which is home to sharks, penguins, jellyfish and more incredible creatures.
- Come face to face with some of your favourite celebrities and take a selfie with the wax figures at Madame Tussauds London.
- Prepare to be scared at the London Dungeon while exploring the capital's most horrible history.
- Visit top family attractions for less with a money-saving pass, with options including the London Pass, the Go City London Explorer Pass and the Big City Saver.
- Take a ride on the world's tallest and longest tunnel slide with The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Plan a visit to more top attractions in London.
Outdoor activities for kids
- Learn all about wildlife, go pond dipping, search for bugs and get crafty in London’s Hyde Park with themed Discovery Days over the school holidays.
- Teach the little ones all about the city with these outdoor London Curriculum Family Explorer Trails.
- Play detective with Sherlock: The Official Outdoor Game and solve a series of challenging clues to complete your mission.
Check out more things to do outdoors in London.
Things to do with older kids
- Experience one of London's best theme parks for an adrenaline-packed day out.
- Indulge in delicious treats while passing some of the capital's most-famous landmarks on a Brigit's Bakery afternoon tea bus tour.
- Go on the roof of London’s famous entertainment centre with Up at The O2.
- Take in panoramic views from 135 metres (443ft) above the capital on the London Eye, where you can see many of the city's famous landmarks.
Check out more things to do with teenagers in London.
Make the most of your time in London while you're on the move by downloading the Visit London app.
Find more family inspiration for your trip, from top restaurants for kids to family-friendly activities.