Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2023 in London (11-26 February 2023).
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows on across the city, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week to suit all budgets and ages.
Fun February half-term activities in London
- It's time to tick London top attractions off your list, or visit the city's favourite kids attractions. Pick up a Merlin five-in-one London attractions pass to experience top attractions, such as the London Eye and Madame Tussauds.
- Or enjoy access to more than 80 attractions with the The London Pass – choose between the number of days and hop attraction to attraction, sometimes even skipping the line!
- Soar into the sky in an Emirates Air Line cable car for spectacular views of London, or if you are feeling brave, you can enjoy a fun climb Up at The O2.
- Ride on the hop-on hop-off bus and see historic London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London.
- Say hello to Shrek, and meet his friends from Far Far Away at Shrek's Adventure! London.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride or enjoy a leisurely City Cruises river tour along the Thames.
- Watch your little ones try out different careers at KidZania, from being doctors and firefighters to journalists.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at The London Dungeon.
- Dare yourself to step into the Shark Walk at SEA LIFE London Aquarium and see how many different species you can spot!
- Snap family selfies and panoramic views at The View from The Shard, London's tallest attraction.
- Have a budget-friendly half-term in London with plenty of free museums and activities for kids.
- Find more London attractions for February half-term.
Children's theatre shows
- Be dazzled by spectacular spells and marvellous magic at Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King and be wowed by colourful costumes and sets.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
- Watch everyone's favourite flying nanny Mary Poppins bring her magic to the West End in this timeless Disney classic.
- Be captivated by the story of Cinderella as the much-loved fairy tale transforms into a dazzling musical!
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
- Find more shows in London for kids and top West End musicals.
February half-term in London for teens
- Peek at the props and learn about the filmmaking trickery featured in the Harry Potter films at the Magical Mischief exhibition at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Older children will love ArcelorMittal Orbit, where they can brave the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Discover the world of London's transport system and abandoned stations at the London Transport Museum.
- Take them on a street art tour around London and discover abstract art, modern murals, contemporary sculpture and quirky installations dotted across the capital.
- Thrill seekers can go on a treetop adventure with panoramic views of London at Go Ape at Alexandra Palace.
- Keep the teens entertained at The O2 with high energy activities from Oxygen Freejumping and Toca Social to the immersive Selfie Factory.
- Or make a splash with some fun water activities from white water rafting and hydrospeeding to canoeing and kayaking at the Lee Valley Regional Park.
- Find the best photo spots in London to snap selfies and create FOMO, from amazing views to Instagrammable cafes.
- Find more things to do with teenagers in London.
Unmissable events during half-term in London
- Ride a broomstick over the skies of London at the Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition.
- Treat your little ones to 12 days of events and activities just for kids at Imagine Children's Festival.
- Get creative with clay and enjoy some half-term crafting and activities at M.Y.O.
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of the Lions attraction.
- Check out hands-on workshops, exhibitions and activities at the Science Museum and the Museum of London.
- Discover more family fun with 101 things to do with kids in London.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Play against your friends and family with hundreds of board games at Draughts London, before feasting on burgers and wraps.
- Find more family restaurants.
Free things to do with the family
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at the Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Dive deep into your imagination at Victoria and Albert Museum’s galleries.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Play children's floor games including a space invader line maze and colourful hopscotch in Canary Wharf.
- Remember, children can travel for free or at a discount on London's public transport services depending on their age.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
- Discover 101 free things to do in London.