Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2020 in London.
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week in London to suit all budgets and ages.
Fun February half-term activities in London
- Queen Elizabeth I’s reign is in danger and there is only way you can save her: become one of her detectives at Hampton Court Palace! 15-23 Feb
- Enjoy a planetarium show and a wander around the Royal Observatory during Family Space sessions for half the price of a usual combined ticket (15-16 Feb) or give Ted a hand in planning a Holiday to Space (20-21 Feb).
- The Tower of London is recruiting for Knight School! Master the sword and sharpen up your knight skills, then see if you’ve earned your title. 15-23 Feb
- Discover the world of London's Signs and Symbols during half-term workshops at the London Transport Museum. 15-23 Feb
- Tune into storytelling at the Bank of England Museum to learn about the California gold rush and peculiar encounters at the Bank of England gold vaults! 17-21 Feb
- Join in fun kid-friendly activities at Lee Valley Regional Park, from ice skating to getting up close to farm animals.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride down the river Thames.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at the London Dungeon.
Unmissable events during half-term in London
- Treat your under-11s to 12 days of events and activities just for kids at Imagine Children's Festival, which is usually on during February half-term.
- Time to practice your puddle-jumping skills! See if you can win at the annual London Puddle Jumping Championships at WWT London Wetland Centre.
More of the best things to do for kids at half-term in London
- Teleport to life 252 million years ago through Permian Monsters: Life Before the Dinosaurs at the Horniman Museum and Gardens. From 15 Feb
- Check out water-themed activities such as Monster soup puppets (16-17 Feb), Flood! (18-19 Feb), Row, row, row your boat (17-19 Feb) and more at Museum of London this half-term.
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of Lions attraction.
- Get your Sea Legs as you take charge of HMS Belfast’s course (17 Feb), challenge the family to a Family Mission: D-Day Edition or hear the stories of war veterans at We Were There: Meet Veterans and Eyewitnesses events at the ship (19 Feb).
- Watch your little ones try out different careers at KidZania.
- Discover the land of fairytales, immersive play spaces, events and more at little kids' heaven Discover Children's Story Centre.
- Gaze up at thousands of sea creatures at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a ride on a miniature train deep under London at The Postal Museum.
- Meet Shrek, Pinocchio and Lord Farquaad at Shrek's Adventure! London.
February half-term money-saving tips
- Pick up a five-in-one Merlin Magical London Pass to visit some of the capital's most famous attractions, including Madame Tussauds, the London Eye and The London Dungeon.
- Or enjoy access to more than 80 attractions with the The London Pass – choose between the number of days and hop attraction to attraction, sometimes even skipping the line!
- Visit three, five or seven attractions with a London Explorer Pass, offering access to more than 20 London attractions and tours.
- Remember, children can travel for free or at a discount on London's public transport services depending on their age.
Fun and creative workshops for kids in London
- You’ve received an invite to a secret Potions Class at Cutter and Squidge’s Potion Room… will you join the feast and show off your wizardry? 15 Feb
- Under-5s can enjoy sensory play at the National Gallery's Studio Play sessions. 17 Feb
- Test your kids' creativity at a Cars, carriages and crafts workshop at The Royal Mews, where they can create a glittering coach or a car inspired by the vehicles within the venue. 17 Feb
- Let the little ones feel the First Taste of Spring at an arts and crafts workshop at the South London Botanical Institute. 18 Feb
- Dabble into Sand Art, Making a Bear or a tad bit of Wizardry at unique workshops at Eddie Catz this half-term. 18-21 Feb
Free things to do with the family
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at the Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Dive deep into your imagination at Victoria & Albert Museum’s galleries.
- Learn how toys and games have changed over the years at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Play against your friends and family with hundreds of board games at Draughts London before feasting on burgers and wraps.
- Take a charming tumble down the rabbit hole with a Mad Hatter's afternoon tea.