Keep the kids entertained over the school holiday with a fun-filled February half-term 2020 in London.
With exciting museums, interactive exhibitions and brilliant theatre shows, you’ll find plenty of things to do during the half-term week in London to suit all budgets and ages.
February half-term activities in London
- Gaze up at thousands of sea creatures at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Take a ride on a miniature train deep under London at The Postal Museum.
- Peek at the props and designs from the Harry Potter films at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and check out the special exhibition during half-term.
- Marvel at the Asiatic lions at ZSL London Zoo's Land of Lions attraction.
- Take older children to ArcelorMittal Orbit, where they can brave the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide.
- Join in fun kid-friendly activities at Lee Valley Regional Park, from ice skating to getting up close to farm animals.
- Wow the kids with a thrill-a-minute speedboat ride down the river Thames.
- Be inspired by the mysteries of outer space with the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
- Face your fears as you explore London's dark and scary stories at the London Dungeon.
- Watch your little ones try out different careers at KidZania.
- Meet Shrek, Pinocchio and Lord Farquaad at Shrek's Adventure! London.
Free things to do with the family
- Spark your imagination and unravel the wonders of science at the Science Museum's Wonderlab: The Statoil Gallery.
- Discover interactive exhibitions and family-friendly fun at the Horniman Museum and Gardens.
- Learn how toys and games have changed over the years at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Take a look around The Lego Store and M&M's World in Leicester Square.
- Go for a stroll with the family in one of the city's best parks.
- Find more free museums and activities for kids in London for a budget-friendly half-term.
Children's theatre shows
- Book a show in one of London's top children's theatres during the school holiday.
- Catch one of the many fun and interactive family shows at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Sing along to much-loved Disney tunes at The Lion King.
- See Roald Dahl’s childhood classic Matilda retold on the London stage.
- Find more shows in London for kids.
- Enjoy a taste of America’s Deep South in the Forrest Gump-themed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Try some delicious global flavours by the river at Giraffe Southbank.
- Eat and bowl in one sitting at All Star Lanes this half-term.
- Take a charming tumble down the rabbit hole with a Mad Hatter's afternoon tea.
- Dine among tropical surroundings at The Rainforest Cafe.
February half-term money-saving tips
- Pick up a five-in-one Merlin Magical London Pass to visit some of the capital's most famous attractions, including Madame Tussauds, the Coca-Cola London Eye and the London Dungeon.
- Visit three, five or seven attractions with a London Explorer Pass, offering access to more than 20 London attractions and tours.
- Children can travel for free or at a discount on London's public transport services.