Experience a scarier side to London with some of the spookiest things to do in London for Halloween, on and around 31 October.
Venture into haunted venues, brave bone-chilling attractions, dare to go on special Halloween tours and find tricks and treats with gripping family events. Plan your Halloween in London with this roundup of gory ideas and horrifying activities.
Get a flavour of what you could enjoy in London in previous years, and check back closer to the time for confirmed events during Halloween 2021.
Halloween events in London
- Step into the menacing world of the Dark Arts as the Harry Potter sets get a Halloween makeover at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Be on the edge of your seat at Pop Up Peckham's The Forbidden Forest Cinema which usually airs iconic horrors and scary movies throughout October.
- Join a very mortal talk, tour or workshop, including visits to London's most famous cemeteries, during the London Month of the Dead.
- Prepare for spooky encounters as you venture on a ghost hunt at Jacobean mansion, Charlton House.
- Navigate challenging obstacles, zip lines and more at one-off after-dark openings at Go Ape Battersea Park and Go Ape Alexandra Palace.
- Fill your Instagram feed with autumnal selfies among Covent Garden's pumpkiny aesthetic selfie-spot which is transformed at this time of year.
Scary Halloween London tours and ghost hunts
- Discover the dark secrets and gory history of London with The Ghost Bus Tours.
- Retrace the infamous murderer’s footsteps with Jack the Ripper Ghost Walks.
- Go on an unnerving ghost hunt in London with Haunted Happenings or Fright Nights London.
- Dare to explore Eltham Palace and Gardens in the dark? Hear spine-tingling stories of sinister happenings as ghostly guides take you through the grounds on a special Halloween tour.
- Or join one of the thrilling Walking Ghost Tours at Goodluck Hope, near London City Island. Beware of the zombies!
Discover more weird and wonderful sights on more London tours.
Frightening London attractions
- Delve into the gruesome tales during The London Dungeon's Halloween takeover with a special show.
- Hear tales of torture and imprisonment, and explore the Bloody Tower at Tower of London.
- Get up close to some of the world’s most feared animals in London this Halloween, with Snorkelling with Sharks at SEA LIFE London aquarium.
- Descend into the horrifyingly haunted London Bridge Experience and London Tombs.
- ZSL London Zoo is waiting for you with frightful fun, including a Halloween trail, a walk through the frightening In with the Spiders or creepy but cute In with the Lemurs.
- Run for your life through the Covenant spaceship in Madame Tussaud's Alien: Escape experience.
- Go on a mind-derailing journey through fear at Fright Nights Fearstival at Thorpe Park.
- Discover the unnerving history of 19th-century surgery at the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret.
Halloween kids London ideas for half-term
- Explore the gruesome side of zoo-keeping and make spooky arts and crafts as part of ZSL London Zoo's Halloween half-term activities.
- Keep an eye out (not literally) for Halloween activities at London's family-friendly museums.
- Treat the kids to a stay in the wizard suite of Georgian House Hotel.
Look out for more Halloween family events during the October school half-term.
Enjoy a night out or Halloween party in London
- Feel the authentic atmosphere of the Day of The Dead at the spooktacular El Dia Of The Dead Halloween Show at The London Cabaret Club.
- Put on a spine-chilling costume and head to the Halloween Soul Night in Boisdale of Canary Wharf for a night of infectious live music and cocktails.
- Or if you're a fan of the 70s and the 80s, take yourself out to Rouges at the Rivoli 70s and 80s Disco.
- Trick or treat your ghouls for a Killer Brunch Social at Flight Club – pizza, bevvys and two hours of darts included.
- Rush to the Phoenix Arts Club to see the iconic drag queen Séayoncé make you laugh your head off at the Halloween Extravaganza.
- Let you hair down at hair-raising Halloween nights in London’s top clubs, including Ministry of Sound, Cargo and Electric Brixton.
Haunted London spots
- Grab a pint in an old haunted London pub, including The Grenadier, The Spaniards Inn and The Viaduct Tavern.
- Listen out for the screaming ghost of Catherine Howard in Hampton Court Palace’s Haunted Gallery.
- Visit one of London’s beautiful and eerie cemeteries.
- Discover more of London's spookiest attractions.
Get stuck into Halloween workshops
- Pick up a pumpkin and brush up on your carving technique at the Halloween pop-up at City Island.
- Pimp your pumpkin at a carving workshop in the uber-cool All Star Lanes Brick Lane.
- Fill your Instagram feed with autumnal selfies among Covent Garden's annual pumpkin display.
- See what's up a magician's sleeve at the spellbinding Magic Hour Show at Sheraton Grand Park Lane hotel.
Don't just visit for Halloween, there are plenty of events and activities this autumn to add to your bucket list. Check out more events in October and November, or plan for a weekend in London with our top weekend picks.
If you're already in London, download the Visit London app for on-the-go Halloween ideas and family fun.
Venue Details & Map
Historic Site & House
Zoo, Farm & Wildlife
Zoo, Farm & Wildlife
Historic Site & House