The Queen usually celebrates her official birthday in June with a parade each year called Trooping the Colour.
Iconic annual June events also include Taste of London, Royal Ascot, Open Garden Squares Weekend, Pride in London and West End LIVE.
Father’s Day is celebrated across the city – look out for special offers and events at many attractions and restaurants.
With warm weather and an events calendar usually packed with sporting spectacles, music festivals, outdoor entertainment and more, June is one of the most lively and exciting times to visit London.
Apart from taking in the summer atmosphere at these unmissable events, June is also the perfect time to catch the rays at alfresco spots, throw a picnic or relax at an outdoor cinema. Don't forget to hop on a bike or squeeze in lots of summer walks around London's streets, parks and green spaces.
Fun things to do in June
- See sweeping views of the city's skyline from the Emirates Air Line cable car or spot landmarks from the London Eye or The View from The Shard.
- Or enjoy an epic adrenaline-fuelled adventure with views to match with Up at The O2 in Greenwich or the Dare Skywalk at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Tick off sightseeing musts, with London's top attractions or join a sightseeing tour to explore the capital on foot, by bus or on the Thames.
- Take a day trip to discover top sights within easy reach of London, from mystical Stonehenge to regal Windsor Castle.
- Kick off the summer by exploring London's great outdoors, from Kew Gardens to famous parks.
What's on in London in June?
Epic London events in June
- Celebrate your father figures with special events on Father's Day.
- Admire awesome architecture with a whole month of activities across the city as part of the annual London Festival of Architecture.
- Find fashion tips, talks and more at London Fashion Week.
- Discover contemporary designs and striking exhibits during the London Design Biennale at Somerset House.
- Stroll through private gardens, hidden green spaces and experimental plantations for one weekend only during the Open Garden Squares Weekend.
- Fall in love with vintage cars at The London Classic Car Show in Syon Park.
- Take a whirlwind tour of London's restaurant scene at the Taste of London festival in Regent's Park this month.
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with events and activities across the city during the month-long Pride in London festival, which culminates in the famous parade each July. Many events and activities take place this month at London's LGBT+ bars.
Cool events and concerts in London this June
- Spend a summer's evening in the magical surrounds of a theatre among the trees at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
- Feel the buzz of the world's celebration of music during Make Music Day at quirky spots across London.
Royal London events
For more things to do in June in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Find out all the fun things to do in London this weekend, and see what you can catch the London stage with our London theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.