The Queen usually celebrates her official birthday in June with a parade each year called Trooping the Colour. However, this year's event has been cancelled.
Iconic annual June events also usually include Taste of London, Royal Ascot, Open Garden Squares Weekend, Pride in London and West End LIVE.
Father’s Day is celebrated across the city – look out for special offers and events at many attractions and restaurants.
With warm weather and an events calendar usually packed with sporting spectacles, music festivals, outdoor entertainment and more, June is one of the most lively and exciting times to visit London.
Apart from taking in the summer atmosphere at these unmissable events, June is also the perfect time to catch the rays at alfresco spots, throw a picnic or relax at an outdoor cinema. Don't forget to hop on a bike or squeeze in lots of summer walks around London's streets, parks and green spaces.
Most outdoor attractions, restaurants and indoor venues as well as outdoor spaces are likely to be open by June, following the proposed easing of coronavirus restrictions. Be aware that some venues listed may still be closed after this date, and you may need to book in advance.
What's on in London in June?
Epic London events in June
- Don't miss the annual Art Night festival, which features special exhibitions and events across the city for a month this year, starting mid-June.
- Admire awesome architecture with a whole month of activities across the city as part of the annual London Festival of Architecture.
- Find fashion tips, talks and more at London Fashion Week.
- Discover contemporary designs and striking exhibits during the London Design Biennale at Somerset House.
- Virtually stroll through private gardens, hidden green spaces and experimental plantations for one weekend only during the Open Garden Squares Weekend. Online in 2021, and open to members only
- Celebrate your father figures with special events on Father's Day.
- Fall in love with vintage cars at The London Classic Car Show in Syon Park.
- Examine beautiful pieces of art, from fine antiques to unique jewellery, during Masterpiece London. Event TBC
- You can usually also take a whirlwind tour of London's restaurant scene at the Taste of London festival in Regent's Park this month. However, this year's event has been moved to July.
Cool events and concerts in London this June
- Spend a summer's evening in the magical surrounds of a theatre among the trees, as you watch Romeo & Juliet at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
- Sing your heart out at West End LIVE, as the casts of some of the West End's top shows and musicals take to the stage at this free event in Trafalgar Square. Event TBC
- Hop on an open-top bus tour with live entertainment, and enjoy a theatre-style performance while taking in the views of London. It's the best of both worlds...
- You can usually celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with events and activities across the city during Pride in London each July. Although, the main event takes place in September this year, look out for events and activities this month at London's LGBT+ bars.
- Get tickets to one of London's top music festivals in June. The spectacular Hampton Court Palace Festival usually takes place in July, but this year it has moved to August.
- Feel the buzz of the world's celebration of music during Make Music Day at quirky spots across London.
What's coming back to London theatres in June?
- Adam Kay is coming back to the Apollo Theatre with his past tales as a junior doctor in This is Going To Hurt.
- Gillian Lynne Theatre welcomes back Cinderella, a new musical starring Carrie Hope Fletcher.
- The National Theatre in South Bank reopens with Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood, and After Life, a new play by Jack Thorne.
- Sing along with Tracy Turnblad during Hairspray the Musical at the London Coliseum.
- See the story of the legendary Tina Turner in TINA – The Tina Turner Musical at Aldwych Theatre.
- What can possibly go wrong during a 1920s murder mystery? Find out at The Play That Goes Wrong, which is coming back to the Duchess Theatre this month.
- Admire sustainably-made floral installations made by Britain's top florists, at British Flowers Week at the Garden Museum, in partnership with New Covent Garden Market.
- See the works of Van Gogh in an interactive environment as part of Van Gogh Alive at Kensington Gardens.
- Head to the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea for a wander around new exhibitions, including JR: Chronicles.
Spectacular sports events
- There's usually plenty of horse racing and off-field entertainment to be enjoyed in June at the very glamorous Royal Ascot. This year's event has been cancelled
- Delayed international football tournament Euro 2020 arrives in London in June, with the final held at Wembley Stadium in July. Check back nearer the time for more details.
Annual royal London events
- Watch the iconic Household Division’s Beating Retreat at Horse Guards Parade this month. This year's event has been cancelled
- Join London in celebrating the Queen's official birthday with Trooping the Colour, a spectacular military parade in the centre of the city. Head to The Mall to enjoy all the pomp and pageantry. This year's event has been cancelled
- See the Changing the Guard ceremony, which takes place on most days in June outside Buckingham Palace.
For more things to do in June in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Find out all the fun things to do in London this weekend, and see what you can catch the London stage with our London theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.