The Queen celebrates her official birthday in June with a parade each year called Trooping the Colour.
Iconic annual June events include Taste of London, Royal Ascot, Open Garden Squares Weekend, Pride in London and West End LIVE.
Father’s Day is celebrated across the city – look out for special offers and events at many attractions and restaurants.
With warm weather and an events calendar usually packed with sports spectacles, music festivals, outdoor entertainment and more, June is one of the most lively and exciting times to visit London.
Apart from taking in the summer atmosphere at these unmissable events, June is also the perfect time to catch the rays at alfresco spots, throw a picnic or relax at an outdoor cinema. Don't forget to hop on a bike or squeeze in lots of summer walks around London's streets, parks and green spaces.
What's on in London in June?
Royal London events
- Watch the iconic Household Division’s Beating Retreat at Horse Guards Parade this month.
- Join London in celebrating the Queen's official birthday with Trooping the Colour, a spectacular military parade in the centre of the city. Head to The Mall to enjoy all the pomp and pageantry.
- See the Changing the Guard ceremony, which takes place on most days in June outside Buckingham Palace.
Epic London events in June
- Stay up late during the annual Art Night with special exhibitions and events happening right throughout the evening until the small hours of the following morning.
- Stroll through private gardens, hidden green spaces and experimental plantations for one weekend only during the Open Garden Squares Weekend.
- Examine beautiful pieces of art, from fine antiques to unique jewellery, during Masterpiece London.
- Take a whirlwind tour of London's restaurant scene at the Taste of London festival in Regent's Park, where London's top chefs show off their skills and serve up delicious food.
- Admire awesome architecture with a whole month of activities across the city as part of the annual London Festival of Architecture.
- Find fashion tips, talks and more at London Fashion Week.
Cool events and concerts in London this June
- Get revved up to see iconic vintage cars at The London Classic Car Show.
- Sing your heart out at West End LIVE, as the cast of some of the West End's top shows and musicals take to the stage at this free event in Trafalgar Square.
- Celebrate the capital's LGBT+ community with events and activities, including theatre, dance, art, cinema and parties, across the city during Pride in London.
- Get tickets to one of London's top music festivals in June, including Southbank Centre's Meltdown or the spectacular Hampton Court Palace Festival.
- Feel the buzz of the world's celebration of music during Make Music Day at quirky spots across London.
Spectacular sports events
- There's also plenty of horse racing and off-field entertainment to be enjoyed in June at the very glamorous Royal Ascot.
For more things to do in June in London, take a look at our events calendar and guide to what's on in London. Find out all the fun things to do in London this weekend, and see what you can catch the London stage with our London theatre guide.
WEATHER: For average seasonal temperatures and rainfall, see our London Weather page.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for year-round updates about what's on in London.